Senior Audit Manager - SVP
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19017534
Senior Audit Manager - SVP
Competitive Salary Offered
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1000 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries.
Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally.
Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe. Job Purpose:
This role directs the timely delivery of complex high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
The role will be based in London with at least 2 direct reports. The person will work with the global and regional Markets leads to deliver the audit plan for IA Regulatory Initiatives and Centralized Markets Functions team. Key Responsibilities:
- Develops and executes a robust Audit Plan, by reviewable entity, for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Citigroup and Citibank policies.
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation, as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting.
- Contributes towards the delivery of high impact reports of IA's contributions to executive management, regulators, and Citigroup and Citibank boards' sub-committees, developing trend analyses and thematic reporting.
- Directs complex audit activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the audit annual plan.
- Applies comprehensive expertise in one or more of the corporation's businesses and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams.
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology. Closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business
- Manages a complex and critical unit within Internal Audit, including a medium sized team of Internal Audit professionals. Recruits staff, develops talent, builds effective teams, and manages a budget.
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts. Leverages Internal Audit's Centres of Excellence to improve audit processes and coverage.
- Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses.
- Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach.
- Uses excellent communication, leadership and strong management skills to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners and external audiences including regulators and external auditors.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking.
- Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues. Analyzes reporting findings; Recommends appropriate interventions where needed. Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems.
- Serves as lead reviewer for all types of reviews, including the most complex.
Qualifications Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines and a strong understanding of conduct risks, especially those associated with traded products.
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams and managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery within a matrix reporting environment.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and senior management.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer Closing Date: 28 June 2019