Senior Audit Manager - Director
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with 1100 offices in over 40 countries. The Group has over 140,000 employees and about 300 entities offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management and leasing.
An exciting new opportunity has emerged for a Senior Audit Manager to join our Internal Audit function. Senior Audit Managers are responsible for executing and delivering all audit engagements assigned to them by the Chief Auditor and Heads of Audit. In terms of understanding our structure Audit Directors will supervise audit teams in the scoping, planning and delivery of audit engagements and the role of the Senior Audit Manager is to support the Audit Director. The role includes some responsibilities in relation to annual planning and the risk universe. Senior Audit Managers will have, and continue to develop, subject matter expertise in their area. Other aspects of your role include:
• Supporting the planning of audits by the Heads of Audit and Audit Directors and assist the Heads of Audit with their respective Portfolios, risk universe sections, risk assessments and audit plans.
• Assisting with strategy and approach papers for entities and risks within their Head of Audit’s portfolio, as directed.
• To have, or to develop, specialist areas of subject matter expertise. These areas will be agreed by the Heads of Audit based on the team’s skills assessment matrix.
• Deliver continuous monitoring assignments for agreed entities under the supervision of Audit Directors.
• Maintain constructive relationships with stakeholders so that audit planning and delivery is achieved smoothly and professionally.
• Lead audit engagement to the required methodology standard. May have responsibility for multiple engagements concurrently.
• Provide ongoing feedback to the Audit Director during and at the end of each engagement; escalate any performance related issues to the Audit Director or Head of Audit. May include coaching team members.
• Support the implementation of best practice throughout the team by maintaining a strong understanding of the audit methodology.
• Display strong appreciation of risk and control in banking.
• Coordinate Management Action Plans directly with stakeholders. This may involve the testing of remediated controls and closure of issue.
• Assist the Head of Audit in preparing third party submissions for the Chief Auditor.
• Work collaboratively with all Internal Audit & Credit Exam colleagues regionally and globally.
• From time to time, may also be required to take a team role in non-‘BAU’ initiatives e.g. a working group.
When hiring we look for the following:
Integrity and Responsibility
Professionalism and Teamwork
Challenge Ourselves To Grow
Work Experience (Essential):
• Experience of working in an Audit or related function within the Wholesale/Investment Banking Sector
• Higher education or equivalent industry experience
• Relevant industry qualifications e.g. CIA, ACCA are desirable but not essential.
Functional / Technical Competencies (Essential):
• A good understanding of risk management and audit within banking, with an understanding of Wholesale/Investment Banking Sector
• Good subject matter expertise within IT or finance and business operations, processes, products and controls is required. The candidate should understand regulatory requirements and minimum standards as they apply to the banking sector.
Please note that due to high volume of responses, we will contact only successful candidates within a week of application.
MUFG Bank (a member of MUFG, a global financial group) is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.