Senior Audit Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Feb 18 2018-02-24
See job description for details
We're looking for a Senior Audit Manager, Trading & Flow Sales for NatWest Markets to join us in London
- We're looking for a strong, established internal auditor with a thorough grounding in risk management principles and a meticulously investigative approach honed in an investment banking environment
- You'll be joining our trusted Internal Audit function, positioning you in a highly visible part of the bank and giving you the opportunity to gain a great insight into how we work
- You'll utilise your product experience and understanding of financial markets instruments and risk measures as well as a detailed knowledge of the regulatory environment in this role
What you'll do
You'll manage your team as they deliver engagements which will be at times complex and high profile in nature, retaining oversight while they carry out their testing, ensuring that both the audits' quality and progress meet the standards expected, and that the testing completed fulfils the scope of the audit plan. You'll set standards for rigour and efficiency, and make sure that resources are allocated flexibly and effectively within your portfolio.
You'll influence the business control environment by contributing to high quality and impactful written engagement reports produced by your team, and by providing the business leaders with advice on prudent risk management.
Key tasks in the role will include:
- Providing quality, efficient and effective assurance and influencing business managers to improve controls, and contributing to Internal Audit strategic initiatives
- Effectively leading high profile strategic engagements which have the potential to add significant business value, including the effective planning of the engagement, undertaking some fieldwork and reporting
- Ensuring engagements are appropriately scoped, and managing the prompt and effective response to ad hoc business requests
- Contributing to continuous monitoring in support of entity assurance planning and reporting, often taking responsibility for a particular area or risk element
- Contributing to the delivery of audit plans, adding your input as an expert
- Leveraging Internal Audit's methodology and tools, identifying key risks and making sure the appropriate tools are used
- When needed, deputising for the Head of Audit at key risk governance, programme and stakeholder forums
The skills you'll need
You will be an experienced senior manager with strong risk and internal audit experience. You will have extensive experience in risk and controls in Sales & Trading Businesses including experience in Structured Rates.
Your strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are integral to this role, and you will use them to effectively support and supervise the team through coaching, feedback and development, taking a proactive approach towards identifying and promoting talent. You'll be equally at home when managing high impact relationships with executive level stakeholders, and will be confident and clear when you need to challenge or influence.
We'll also be looking for:
- A strong understanding of risk management principles
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, allowing you to effectively manage stakeholder relationships, and challenge and influence confidently and clearly
- Proven competence to deliver projects on time and to budget
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.