Senior Audit Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
See job description for details
We're looking for a Senior Audit Manager in Technology, Security & Resilience to join our Internal Audit function in London or Edinburgh
- We're looking for an established Senior Audit Manager, with strong risk and internal audit experience in either a front line technology or assurance role, to join us in this exciting role
- You'll be joining our trusted Internal Audit function, positioning you in a highly visible part of the bank and giving you the opportunity to gain a great insight into how we work
- This a new team where you'll have a key role, and will play a significant part in its development and providing oversight of the bank's technology transformation
What you'll do
This role is a chance to use your proven technology experience across cyber security, resilience and core technologies including database, middleware, operating systems and networks that support the bank's most critical services. We'll look to you to provide independent assurance through your subject matter expertise on a portfolio of audit engagements, occasionally leading highly complex or strategic engagements.
Key tasks in the role will include:
- Providing quality, efficient and effective assurance and influencing business managers to improve controls, and contributing to Internal Audit strategic initiatives
- Effectively leading high profile strategic engagements which have the potential to add significant business value, including the effective planning of the engagement, undertaking some fieldwork and reporting
- Ensuring engagements are appropriately scoped, and managing the prompt and effective response to ad hoc business requests
- Contributing to continuous monitoring in support of entity assurance planning and reporting, often taking responsibility for a particular area or risk element
- Contributing to the delivery of audit plans, adding your input as an expert
- Leveraging Internal Audit's methodology and tools, identifying key risks and making sure the appropriate tools are used
- When needed, deputising for the Head of Audit at key risk governance, programme and stakeholder forums
- Supporting and developing talent through formal line management and coaching
The skills you'll need
While audit experience is a clear benefit, we're looking for someone who can bring a clear understanding of the impact of new and emerging technologies on the bank's risk profile. Along with strong knowledge of cyber security risks and the threat landscape, we'll also be looking for you to have considerable, proven technology infrastructure experience through either a front line technology or assurance role.
Good knowledge of ITIL critical processes such as Incident and Change Management will also be an advantage. We'll also expect you to hold an appropriate industry certification, such as being a Certified Information Systems Auditor.
We'll also be looking for:
- A strong understanding of risk management principles
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, allowing you to effectively manage stakeholder relationships, and challenge and influence confidently and clearly
- The ability to support and supervise the team through coaching, feedback and development, taking a proactive approach towards identifying and promoting talent
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.