Senior Associate / Junior VP
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Apr 19
Senior Associate / Junior VP
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Master's Degree
- Job Function: Institutional Banking
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19015325
Support the origination and execution of DCM business from European financial institutions, with a focus on clients in Italy and Greece.
The role is within BCMA - Capital Markets
DCM is engaged in helping sovereigns, financial institutions and corporates raise debt via issuance of fixed income securities on behalf of clients. Typical activities include sovereign bonds, Financial Senior and Subordinated debt issuance, Investment Grade and non Investment grade corporate bond issuance, and provision of capital structure and debt advice.
• Work alongside senior members of DCM in all aspects of pitching, winning and executing DCM business
• Develop and maintain direct relationships with clients, including via regular calls, meetings and emails
• Work closely with Banking, Capital Strategy and Structuring, Liability Management and Syndicate teams to analyze client balance sheets and businesses, identify potential DCM needs and develop DCM solutions
• Pursue and win DCM business via regular client dialogue and interaction, idea development, development of presentation and analytical material, and market and pricing updates
• Take a leading role in running the execution of transactions, overseeing internal and external processes including documentation, approvals, any marketing exercises, and liaison with the issuer and other syndicate banks
• Help to manage and develop junior members of DCM
This is an opportunity to take on a client facing origination debt capital markets role with European financial institution clients, one of the most active and sophisticated issuer bases. The role provides a platform to develop client relationship management skills as well as knowledge of the complex regulatory environment and markets these clients operate in. Would be a good platform to develop into more senior origination roles.
• At least 6 years of experience in debt capital markets origination and execution
• Knowledge of European financial institutions and a strong understanding of financial institutions clients' needs and requirements
• Experience in executing new issues and/ or covering Italian financial institutions in a DCM origination role is a strong advantage
• Must be Fluent in Italian and English. Additional language skills for operating in the EMEA region would be a an advantage
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building, communication and influencing skills
• Ability to present well in front of clients
• Ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure
• Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Planning and organisational skills including the ability to prioritise
• Ability to work independently under general instructions
• Ability to train junior staff
• Graduate degree
• Strong technical skills
• Enthusiastic/ confident/ outgoing
• Professional and competent/ risk aware
• Dedicated/ keen to learn/ committed to role
• Initiative/ adaptability/ innovation
• Team Player
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime.
The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016.
Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorized as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
- Honesty, integrity and reputation
- Financial soundness
- Competence and capability
This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks.
If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer