Senior Associate, Trade Processing & Control
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- ABN AMRO Bank
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
Senior Associate, Trade Processing & Control
- Location: London , United Kingdom
- Area of expertise: Corporate Banking
- Organization: ABN AMRO Clearing
At a glance
Maintain high levels of control by effectively completing ABN AMRO Clearing Banks Derivatives Reconciliations processes. Ensure operational and systemic problems are resolved by adhering to internal controls. Ensure reconciliation's are completed in an accurate and timely manner to minimize operational, market and credit risk. Maintain accurate and informative MI as applicable, and ensure adequate levels of escalation in regards to outstanding items.
Maintain high levels of control by effectively managing the clearing process across all products and client base. Ensure operational and systemic problems are resolved by adhering to internal controls. Ensure both internal and client queries are completed in an accurate and timely manner to minimize operational, market and credit risk. Actively look to increase and improve productivity, and consider process improvement on a daily basis.
- To produce all daily reconciliations in an accurate and timely manner. This includes reconciling to external parties and internal control accounts. All aspects of derivative reconciliations are required including positions, transactions, cash, premium, variation and exchange fees.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other Operations teams both in the UK and at a global level, as well as Finance, Risk and Commercial. Effectively communicate breaks and issues, and ensure an efficient escalation and resolution process throughout the organisation globally.
- End to end brokerage process management including: Atlantis, invoicing on behalf of clients and process improvements through Mendix
- Manage and facilitate the start and end of day close out processes. Ensure accurate and complete reporting to the exchange
- End to end management of the physical delivery process for commodity products
- Manage and facilitate the exercise and abandonments process
- Regulatory reporting ownership including: exchange, EMIR and MIFID II position reporting.
- Monitor client query inbox ensuring all queries are dealt with in a timely manner
- Ensure that all items on the reconciliations are narrated and passed to the relevant parties, investigated promptly and that errors are duly corrected within acceptable timeframes.
- Ensure the department remains compliant with relevant external regulations and ABN AMRO internal standards as applicable.
- Prompt escalation of all processes and/or items to the Desk Manager which are not resolved within the agreed timeframes.
- Prepare for and actively participate in team meetings
- Facilitate UAT where applicable.
- Assist desk manager in managing all operational risks and responding to all audit findings Assist desk manager in Performance Management for all applicable employees, including PPP, PIP and PDP processes
- MI production for respective processes
- Resource management and sign off for respective team and staff, including holiday planning and OT management
- Drive and facilitate process improvement within the respective team. Evidence progress to the management team and ensures process improvements and ideas are followed-up.
- Drive pro-active behaviour of team members in leading by example
- Support desk manager and function as back-up
- Maintain balance between co-ordination/overview of processes and tasks/workload with the team on a daily basis
- Involvement in interview and hiring process for new staff
- Engagement in UK and EOps MT initiatives and activities
- Facilitate regular team meetings and 1 2 1's as applicable
Your working environment
ABN AMRO is a Dutch Bank offering a full range of services to retail, private, commercial and merchant banking clients. We are also active internationally in a number of specialist activities, such as Corporate and Commercial Banking, Asset Based Finance and Clearing. The culture we aim for within the Bank is one in which we strive to strengthen our clients' position. Our success is based on our client's success. We want clients to perceive us as a trusted partner, professional and ambitious - our core values. At ABN AMRO UK we follow the Banks global strategy. We always aim to put our customers first and to create sustainable, long-term value for all our stakeholders - customers, shareholders, employees and society at large; it is our people that we rely on to help us achieve this ambition. We concentrate on our strategic priorities:
- Client focus
- Invest in our future
- Maintain a moderate risk profile
- Selectively grow our businesses
- Improve profitability
- Corporate and Institutional Banking - which includes Corporate Banking, Clearing Global Markets - Sales & Trading, Escrow & Settlement, and Financial Institutions
- Commercial Banking which includes Asset Based Finance and International Desk, which provides transactional banking services
- Good understanding of the Client Clearing business and associated processes.
- Experience of working in a derivative clearing and settlement environment.
- Good knowledge of the Reconciliations mechanics and associated procedures.
- An understanding of valuation methods on various types of derivative products including futures, options, swaps and OTC products.
- Experience of working with systems such as GMI, MICS, Intellimatch, CTC etc.
- Experience of writing queries, coding like SQL, HTML and working with big data.
- Experience of working within a high pressured and busy environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Powerpoint.
- In order to meet the deadlines involved a flexible approach to working hours is required; including working some bank holidays and weekends.
- Competencies to include strong analytical skills, numeracy, speed and attention to detail. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to promote collaborative attitude within the teams, cross function and with peers in other countries and regions. Creative and Pro-active way of thinking. Ability to work to strict deadlines in a pressurised environment whilst remaining flexible to adapt quickly to new processes as required.
What we offer
Opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, where flexibility is highly appreciated. We encourage you to grow and develop as a person and as an employee.
Are you interested? Please apply via the button below. For more information please contact Niki Champion, Senior Resourcing Partner, UKrecruitment@uk.abnamro.com , +44 203 192 9342.