Senior Associate, Shareholder Intelligence
IHS Markit is the leading source of information and insight in critical areas that shape today's business landscape. Customers around the world rely on us to address strategic and operational challenges. IHS Markit combines information, analytics and expertise to provide solutions for business, finance and government. We help our customers see why things happen and focus on what really matters so they can make confident decisions to improve efficiency, outpace competitors and drive growth. Your Role
Are you an analytical thinker that is curious about how and why things are connected? Do you enjoy working through different sets of data and piecing it together to tell a story?
We're looking for a Senior Associate within the Shareholder Intelligence Division to:
- Serve as the lead contact in the delivery of actionable intelligence about institutional investors and what is driving trading in equity markets
- Contribute to Thought Leadership pieces by publishing thought-provoking content to engage with clients and showcase the skills and knowledge of an IHS Markit analyst.
- Develop and maintain advisory relationships with the investor relations and executive teams of publicly traded companies
- Identify leading institutional buyers and sellers of clients' stocks and provide insight around the movements
- Provide clients with intelligence on institutional investors in conjunction with their investor relations efforts
- Connect with buy-side institutional portfolio managers and trading desks to gain insights on investment strategies and trading
- Deliver regular reports and ad-hoc updates around notable shareholder movements
- Participation in one or more of the EMEA shareholder intelligence committees
- Participate in the growth and improvement of the team's service offering to clients.
You will be working in the Shareholder Intelligence Team based in London, UK. The global team supports and advises Investor Relations representatives of listed companies in the EMEA region.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- English oral and written communication skills. Ideally, you have experience in writing reports or market commentary; French language skills are highly desirable.
- 3 - 4 years of Market Surveillance, Data & Analytics, Capital Markets, or related finance or capital markets experience
- A solid understanding of financial metrics and capital markets
- Strong quantitative and qualitative ability
- Superior analytical reasoning, and effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a dynamic team
- Ability to analyse data and absorb new information in a high energy, fast-paced environment
- Ability to support sales team with prospecting efforts
- Aptitude to learn internal proprietary applications
- Ability to collaborate with teammates located in global IHS Markit offices, across time zones
- Detail oriented; ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills
- Resourceful and able to contribute creative solutions to client questions and internal functions
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills; experience with FactSet and Salesforce is a plus.
- Any advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Visual Basic, Power BI will be advantageous.
What we Offer
- A quick learner, collaborative and a team player
- A problem solver with a positive, curious, and client-focused attitude
- Someone who thrives under pressure and enjoys a challenge
- Forward thinking, striving to improve with each objective
- Goal oriented / Results driven
- A global organization with a strong client base and broad product line
- Remote working
- Training program
- Cash incentive plan and equity award
- Flexible working hours
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.