Duff & Phelps’ Regulatory Consulting practice helps firms deliver on a wide range of engagements including financial crime, compliance risk, regulatory readiness, compliance monitoring and regulatory reporting.
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
As a Senior Associate within our expanding team, you will gain exposure to exciting fund structures and risk projects from day one. Being part of a specialist group, but within a truly global firm, means your personal impact will be instant and supported by a full service professional services firm and a global network of experts.
- Daily production, analysis and resolution of various breaches (e.g. VaR, single or combined position limits, leverage) and exceptions for UCITS and AIFs.
- Daily interaction with team members/external service providers/clients at all levels and across various regions/countries to solve issues and discover the win-win solution.
- Run and troubleshoot various risk tools and related processes to meet deadlines.
- Convert financial (e.g. VaR, credit and counterparty risk limits) and legal (e.g. Prospectus rules, investment restrictions) requirements and challenges into actionable functional specifications and parameters utilizing the current tool set.
- Lead the continuously improvement of the risk system, tools and processes in collaboration with the team of local developers to meet and exceed client requirements and expectations, and deliver market leading risk management solutions and services
- Develop and/or actively contribute to the recurring and ad-hoc risk reporting and bespoke client solutions for UCITS and AIFs.
- Manage and support the onboarding of new security types, products and funds on the current risk infrastructure and manage the associated processes (e.g. analysis of technical and data requisites) required for the successful completion.
- Actively liaise and interact with the external risk system provider on potential enhancements of the current system, testing of new models and modules and new solutions.
- Support the Ireland and Luxembourg offices on specific tasks and projects.
- University degree in finance or relevant business experience. A professional degree (e.g. CFA, FRM) is considered as an advantage but not mandatory.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in financial risk management or a related discipline (for example gained within Asset Management, a hedge fund etc.).
- Experience in Microsoft office, specifically Excel. Knowledge of VBA, SQL or any other programming languages are considered an advantage.
- Hands-on experience with MSCI RiskMetrics or any other risk management suite is considered as an advantage but not mandatory.
- Strong analytical skills combined with an ability to manage and deliver multiple projects in a dynamic environment with a can-do attitude.
- Understanding of the structure and risk framework of alternative investment strategies such as Private Equity, Real Estate and Private Debt/Illiquid Credit.
- Strong communication skills.
- it with the firm’s culture of inclusion, collaboration, accountability and collegiality.
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs to which you will be automatically redirected to when clicking the 'apply' button.
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.