Senior Associate, Project Finance Financial Modelling and Analytics
Due to a recent move internally, we are looking for an experienced Associate to join a team responsible for providing modelling support to enable the development, execution and management of Project Finance across all sectors within MUFG's Structured Finance Office for EMEA (ESFO).
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with 1100 offices in over 40 countries. The Group has over 140,000 employees and about 300 entities offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management and leasing.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Design and build intermediate/complex models in respect of project/structured finance transactions.
- Respond to day-to-day queries raised by client/other banks in respect of the financial model and attend client meetings.
- Review models prepared by clients and other financial institutions, applying appropriate stress tests in conjunction with the originating deal team.
- Work with colleagues in the Credit function to co-ordinate the production of cash flow analysis papers to inform investment decisions.
- Produce RORA calculations and swap line calculations at various stages of the transaction cycle.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Degree educated in accountancy, finance, economics, mathematics and/or engineering field or equivalent level of relevant Project Finance financial modelling experience.
- A minimum of two years Project Finance model building experience.
- Previous experience of financial modelling in a big four firm, bank or similar financial institution will also be considered.
- Good grasp of financial accounting combined with a level of business awareness and a strong understanding of the kind of factors that can drive the financial performance of a project financing.
- Sound IT knowledge and skills.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to build credible relationships at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail and a bility to work on own and prioritise without direction.
- A second European language would be useful but not required.
Please note that due to high volume of responses, we will contact only successful candidates within a week of application.
MUFG Bank, Ltd., (a member of MUFG, a global financial group) is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.