Senior Associate, Loan Markets Syndications (German Speaker)
Due to a recent move, we are looking for an experienced Associate to work alongside senior loan originators on all aspects to the syndicated loan origination and execution process.
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with 1100 offices in over 40 countries. The Group has over 140,000 employees and about 300 entities offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management and leasing.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Supporting the Loan Origination and Syndicate function throughout the various stages of a syndicated loan, i.e. from initial transaction analysis to the final documentation and completion phase. This includes but is not limited to preparing underwriting applications, pricing meetings, deal screening support memos and documentation.
- Leading on the production of high quality tailor-made client presentations and pitchbooks.
- Producing market research on pricing, deal structures and investor activity as required.
- Building relationships within the Syndications team and develop a network across the wider EIBD and MUFG platform, particularly with MUFG Securities, Strategic Finance, EBD, CAD and ECD.
- Developing industry expertise as directed.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Degree level education or equivalent level of relevant experience.
- Proven experience in a front office role in Loan Markets/Corporate Banking/Structured Finance.
- Self-motivation, good interpersonal skills, commercial awareness.
- Fluent German language skills (written and verbal) required.
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills.
Please note that due to high volume of responses, we will contact only successful candidates within a week of application.
MUFG Bank, London branch (a member of MUFG, a global financial group) is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.