Our client, a leading UK Asset Management business are looking for Front Office Support candidate to join their dynamic team. The role sits withing the Middle Office division and will be primarily supporting Asset Management with a view to expanding support to the other areas of the business. The Asset Management division comprises of 4 business units, Multi Asset Fund Management, Discretionary clients, Model Portfolios and Fiduciary Management.
The primary function of this role is to provide operational support to the Asset Management business through the administration of client documentation, managing client queries, accurately instructing, recording and reporting on investments. Additional areas of responsibility may include working closely with the Portfolio Management team to assist with the administration of client portfolios and implementation of investment decisions and collaborating with other areas on projects and new business initiatives.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- General administration duties of the Front Office Support team, including proactively identifying ways of improving efficiency.
- Maintaining and rebalancing model portfolios across various third-party platforms. Ensuring that rebalances are instructed and completed within the permitted time frames.
- Reconciliation of Asset Management accounts against custodians and various third party custodians on Bloomberg via the BBG rec tool.
- Monthly and Quarterly production of Factsheets across the Asset Management product range.
- Establishing a strong working relationship with various business areas.
- Opening, maintaining and closing Asset Management client accounts, funds and investment models on various systems and platforms.
- Maintaining a strong relationship with various internal operations teams to ensure that transactions are carried out, recorded and reported in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensuring that a high standard of compliance and risk awareness is upheld in the performance of all tasks at all times.
- Assisting in the preparation of periodic and ad-hoc reporting, including valuations, performance, MI, KPI, risk and compliance.
- If required as part of your role in the Front office Support team, taking ownership of all administrative duties relating to the production and distribution of various publications.
- Assisting in the execution of short and long term project planning and initiatives relevant to the research and investment portfolio support function as required.
- Work together with the team to ensure that all procedures are up to date in terms of details, accuracy and relevance.
- Maintain accurate, timely and accessible records in accordance with regulatory and the firm’s policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A-level qualifications preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of client administration and operations experience at an Asset Management or FCA regulated financial institution.
- Exposure to Fiduciary Management, Model portfolios and Multi Asset Fund Management would be beneficial.
- Exposure to Bloomberg and the Bloomberg reconciliation tool would be beneficial.
- Relevant professional qualifications desirable.
- Experience in gap analysis, process improvements and implementation.
- Project planning and support experience, including planning, testing and implementation.
- Significant Excel experience, working on process developments and improvements and using Excel to support robust processes.
- Ability to produce high quality, accurate deliverables.