Senior Associate, Client Service Operations
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- ABN AMRO Bank
- 21 Feb 18 2018-02-21
Senior Associate, Client Service Operations
- Location: London , United Kingdom
- Area of expertise: Corporate Banking
- Organization: ABN AMRO Clearing
At a glance
Maintain high levels of control by effectively managing the clearing process across all products and client base. Ensure operational and systemic problems are resolved by adhering to internal controls. Ensure both internal and client queries are completed in an accurate and timely manner to minimize operational, market and credit risk. Actively look to increase and improve productivity, and consider process improvement on a daily basis.
ABN AMRO Clearing is a third party clearer and a member of all major markets. As a third party clearer, ABN AMRO Clearing focuses on Clearing transactions of its clients only. Clients can either be exchange members themselves or execute on the basis of the ABN AMRO Clearing membership.
- Feed and connection checks within the Middleware Management system, SEALS
- Trade Order Management within the SEALS platform
- Quarterly release cycle UAT for the SEALS platform
- Monitoring LME proprietary (Agent) Positions within the LME GUI, ensuring all exceptions are reported and escalated as appropriate
- Monitoring Derivatives Take Ups/Give Ups within the SEALS platform. Ensure all default trades are reported and escalated as appropriate
- Monitoring LME Alleged/Unmatched Trades for our Non Clearing Members. Ensure all exceptions are escalated as appropriate
- System Maintenance within the SEALS platform, including client mappings and administration
- Facilitate Market Obligations, including regulatory reporting, exercise and abandonment requests and market close
- Management of all top day phone and emailed queries. Ensure appropriate levels of escalation.
- Trade/Amendment booking as required within the back office system. Ensure non STP process is escalated to Operational Change Support team as appropriate
- UAT / Project Involvement as required
- Monitoring of the MICS Error Queue. Ensure non STP process is escalated to Operational change support as appropriate.
- Cash correction bookings within the back office system as requested from the reconciliations team, ensuring a 4 eye check process.
- Complete MI as appropriate and use to drive process improvements
- Work closely with the NL Operations teams to ensure correct and accurate static data input. Escalate issues and no STP where appropriate.
- Work closely with our peers globally ensuring a streamlined process in regards to back to back business. Schedule and attend all calls as appropriate, and drive the follow the sun process.
- Take exams to hold an exchange qualification as required by the business. EUREX QBO/QCS as an example.
- Performance Management for all applicable employees, including PPP, PIP and PDP processes
- MI production for respective Process
- Resource management and sign off for respective team and staff, including holiday planning and OT management
- Accountability of mandatory courses for team
- Oversight and escalation of all BAU tasks within team
- Drive and facilitate process improvement within the respective team. Evidence progress to the management team
- Involvement in interview and hiring process for new staff
- Engagement in UK and EOps MT initiatives and activities
- Actively consider training requirements for respective team
- Facilitate regular team meetings and 1 2 1's as applicable
- Ensure the department remains compliant with relevant external regulations and ABN AMRO internal standards as applicable.
- Prompt escalation of all processes and/or items to the Desk Manager which are not resolved within the agreed timeframes.
- Prepare for and actively participate in team meetings
- Promote the ABN AMRO values, culture and group strategy.
- Assist desk manager in managing all operational risks and responding to all audit findings Assist desk manager in Performance Management for all applicable employees, including PPP, PIP and PDP processes
- Drive pro-active behaviour of team members by leading by example
- Support desk manager and function as back-up
- Maintain balance between co-ordination/overview of processes and tasks/workload with the team on a daily basis
Your working environment
ABN AMRO is a Dutch Bank offering a full range of services to retail, private, commercial and merchant banking clients. We are also active internationally in a number of specialist activities, such as Corporate and Commercial Banking, Asset Based Finance and Clearing. The culture we aim for within the Bank is one in which we strive to strengthen our clients' position. Our success is based on our client's success. We want clients to perceive us as a trusted partner, professional and ambitious - our core values. At ABN AMRO UK we follow the Banks global strategy. We always aim to put our customers first and to create sustainable, long-term value for all our stakeholders - customers, shareholders, employees and society at large; it is our people that we rely on to help us achieve this ambition. We concentrate on our strategic priorities:
- Client focus
- Invest in our future
- Maintain a moderate risk profile
- Selectively grow our businesses
- Improve profitability
- Corporate and Institutional Banking - which includes Corporate Banking, Clearing Global Markets - Sales & Trading, Escrow & Settlement, and Financial Institutions
- Commercial Banking which includes Asset Based Finance and International Desk, which provides transactional banking services
- Experience of working in a derivative clearing and settlement environment.
- Experience of working within a high pressured and busy environment.
- Experience of working with systems such as GMI and MICS.
- Experience of writing queries/ coding like SQL, HTML,CTC and working with big data
- In order to meet the deadlines involved a flexible approach to working hours is required; including working some bank holidays and weekends.
- Competencies to include strong analytical skills, numeracy, speed and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to promote collaborative attitude within the teams, cross function and with peers in other countries and regions. Creative and pro-active way of thinking. Ability to work to strict deadlines in a pressurised environment whilst remaining flexible to adapt quickly to new processes as required.
What we offer
Opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, where flexibility is highly appreciated. We encourage you to grow and develop as a person and as an employee.
Are you interested? Please apply via the button below. For more information please contact Niki Champion, Senior Resourcing Partner, UKrecruitment@uk.abnamro.com , +44 203 192 9342.