Senior Associate/ Associate Director, TMT Investment Banking boutique
- Competitive (salary plus cash bonus/ possibly also share of fees)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 05 Dec 17 2017-12-05
The role is a unique entry point into a fast-growing TMT investment banking boutique – to directly support one of the firm’s partners in the marketing and execution of a new pan-European mid-cap advisory strategy and TMT sub-sector expansion. The firm is active in international M&A and capital raisings across the TMT industry (approx. equally split across technology, media and telecoms); it acts as trusted advisor in often transformational situations and boasts a particularly high completed deals to mandates ratio.
The firm's relationships and clients range from global TMT players and financial sponsors to founder-led private businesses - consequently, its projects range from high-profile public ones to private situations, and are highly dispersed geographically across the EMEA region.
The firm offers a broad suite of products including sell-side/ buy-side/ capital raisings including debt/ IPO advisory/ public-to-private transactions and more.
A culture that makes a difference:
The firm strives to deliver the best investment banking advice in the industry, while enabling its staff to pursue a work-life balance which can be sustained for an entire career.
Its team consists of driven and dedicated individuals with extensive investment banking and sector experience as senior officers at global investment banks and corporates – as well as top-tier junior bankers.
The partners lead transaction executions on a day to day basis, which helps all other team members quickly develop complete investment banking skills.
The firm prides itself in being smart and efficient in the way it works and in selecting projects that are interesting, challenging and rewarding.
The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial, confident and enthusiastic investment banker, with 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- You will have previously worked in an investment bank or top tier boutique (at least partly within TMT) and have good M&A transaction experience, including recently as day-to-day project manager.
- You will have strong communication skills, sound commercial judgement, initiative, a self-starter attitude and be process-oriented.
- You will also have top-tier analytical skills, a genuine interest in the TMT sector and key verticals thereof, a client-oriented personality – and enjoy working independently as part of small teams (here typically 3 persons per team – one partner, you, plus one senior analyst/junior associate).
You will directly support one of the firm’s partners in the marketing and execution of a new pan-European mid-cap advisory strategy and sub-sector expansion - and will have a significant role in shaping the growth and network of the firm – as well as possibly develop a path to partnership.
Key verticals of focus of this new initiative are likely to include telecoms networks and infrastructure (incl. DC), mobile services, cloud / enterprise solutions & software, managed services, content, EdTech.
The position is based in central London.
Application deadline: 4 January 2018