The business is growing at a rapid rate and have targeted Europe as their key growth market for the coming years. They invest across various different sector and asset classes, but this position sits in the Real Estate investment division. They are an institutional investor and thus their access to capital is consistent and reliable. They also are able to invest across broad ranging asset classes, adopting a varying risk appetite. They're able to write large tickets to compete with the biggest brands already present here in the European RE market.
This is a Senior Associate level role focusing purely on Investment and Acquisitions. You will focus on the UK and Western Europe. The approach will be very hands-on, and the successful candidate will be able to take on the financial tasks related to the deal execution process. Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
· Leading the financial modelling work stream and being the primary point of contact for all financial modelling issues or questions from internal and external parties for property transactions in the European region.
· Providing detailed investment valuation analysis which will assist the team in understanding the value and pricing of investment opportunities.
· Proactively contributing to other important "non-modelling" work streams within the transactional environment through assisting senior colleagues and sharing insights.
· Demonstrating an understanding of key investments issues.
· Support the preparation and presentation of investment papers and recommendations for European property transactions.
· Developing and maintaining relationships with colleagues across the Fund to support the management of the Portfolio (e.g. Legal, Tax, Finance etc.) and process improvements.
· Taking responsibility for continued development of the modelling-based training for junior team members, including on-the-job training.
· A willingness to provide training and guidance to junior team members.
· Real Estate investment or advisory experience within either a reputable private equity firm, advisory platform or investment bank.
· Ability to build financial models from scratch.
· Strong technical and valuation skills but also strong people skills to deal with on the ground regional asset managers and all internal and external deal stakeholders
· Good team working skills, ability to multi-task.
· A true 'investor's mindset'