Senior Associate - Conference, Roadshow and Event Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 14 Oct 18
Senior Associate, Conference, Roadshow & Event Management Some careers have more impact than others.
Work as a key team member to organise, manage and administer, on direction from and in liaison with the business, roadshows, presentations, seminars, conferences and hospitality events for clients, HSBC Economist and Analysts as well as HSBC employees. This particular role works closely with other CREM team members locally, regionally and globally, as required.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Demonstrable experience of managing and developing conference, roadshow and event, especially on deal and non-deal roadshows, investors trips, corporate days, preferably in the global banking industry.
- Ability to lead small to medium scale events and roadshows
- Experience within a hectic and pressurised working environment is preferable.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, under pressure, extreme tight timeline as well as on multiple tasks simultaneously and to cover projects across different time zone / region
- Excellent communication skills are mandatory, as are good tact and diplomacy, as the role requires constant communication with internal and external clients.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation of work tasks
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and proven rapid learning capability
- Committed to the completion of work tasks within timeline given
- Utilises own initiative to resolve issues
- Must have flexible approach to work and working hours
- Being a good team player and carry positive attitude with willing to learn / share attitude is essential
- Must be willing and physically able to locate equipment (laptop, badge machine, AV equipment..etc) as necessary
- Willing to work onsite to support / execute projects as required / appropriate
- To be able to liaise with business to formulate appropriate and appealing event programs
- Have demonstrable experience of managing budgets for individual events
- Good connection with suppliers on venue, transportation, premier gift and audio visual
- Good project management skills
- High standard of spoken and written English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint)
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the Enhanced Vetting role, on an on-going basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. This role has been designated as an Enhanced Vetting Role.