- £60k-£65k, Bens, Bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Maldon Partners
- 19 Oct 17 2017-10-19
Opportunity to join the finance team of a leading mega buy-out Private Equity fund in a broad finance role across management and financial accounting.
Our client have in excess of £50bn of assets under management, 200 staff across Europe and truly global in scope with offices across the world.
The role sits within an established team structure that forms part of the European Finance Team. The purpose of this role is to maintain complete and accurate books and records for the European Private Equity and Credit businesses, as well as providing timely reporting of financial information and results. To that end, the incumbent will be responsible for monthly financial accounting and preparation of management accounts, presentation of management information to senior stakeholders around the Business and preparation of annual statutory accounts. The role also encompasses business partnering, which requires the ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders around the Business, as well as undertaking ad hoc analysis and project work.
· Ensure an efficient financial month-end close process, with timely and accurate preparation of more complex or sensitive manual journals and review of work prepared by junior staff
· Maintain the integrity and accuracy of entity balance sheets by performing and reviewing monthly / quarterly reconciliations
· Ensure effective cash management by preparing and reviewing cash flow forecasts to predict funding requirements
· Provide senior management, both within Finance and throughout the Business, with useful financial information by producing accurate and timely monthly management reporting, including variance analysis and insightful written commentary
· Provide ongoing support to the Business and add value by continual business partnering, building and maintaining close working relationships with key stakeholders, being proactive and commercially aware, and undertaking any ad hoc projects the Business may require
· Aid commercial and operational planning by assisting senior stakeholders with the preparation of annual budgets
· Ensure all entities fulfil their legal, tax and regulatory obligations by taking ownership of and managing the preparation of annual financial statements and external returns (FCA, VAT, PSA, ONS, etc.)
· Manage an efficient and effective year-end audit process by leading audit planning, providing timely responses to external auditors’ queries, adhering to the deliverables timetable and maintaining a good working relationship with the external audit staff
· Improve the effectiveness of the Finance Team by identifying and implementing process efficiencies
· Ensure the effective maintenance of internal controls by remaining vigilant, professionally sceptical and providing the appropriate level of challenge to the Business
· Maintain personal/professional development to meet the changing demands of the role, participate in appropriate training and support colleagues in their development
· Provide assistance to and cover for other areas of Finance, as required.
Applicants should be qualified accountants with approximately 2-4 years of post qualification experience gained in a broad finance role in financial services firms with a preference for that experience to have been gained in an alternative investments environment. You should possess excellent communication skills, be well presented and be comfortable working in an international team environment.