Senior Applications/Technical Architect - Java, UNIX/Linux, Design Patterns
- to £120,000 + Bonus + Bens
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Digital Capital Markets Limited
- 18 Jan 18 2018-01-18
Technical Architect required by this Investment Bank to manage and drive architecture across multiple applications. Role would suit a technical architect, or a solutions or enterprise architect who still possess a strong understanding and interest in technology application.
This leading Investment Bank is looking to hire a senior Technical Architect. You will be responsible for the architecture of 5/6 large scale applications. It is therefore important that you have the ability to take a higher level view across the entire application suite, whilst also being able to get involved in the detail when required. You must have credibility with development teams and be able to drive systems design whilst also providing strategic vision to senior management.
These are not trading systems but more research/large scale data applications so Investment Banking experience is not necessary. You will own (from an architecture perspective) CRM and Content Management applications for example so it's more important to have a strong technical and architectural background than specific banking knowledge.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a strong technical development background - ideally having worked as a Java Developer
- Currently be working as an Architect on at least one large scale application. This could be a Technical Architect or Enterprise Architect, however if the latter you must still possess a string current technical understanding.
- Have experience of resilience, failover, load balancing, network latency, caching technologies - demonstrable skills in software architecture
- Possess and solid understanding in UNIX/Linux. This should include search and access controls, process management etc
- Have excellent knowledge of Design Patterns. You will be able to bring experience of using and implementing design patterns throughout your career.
- Have the ability to manage multiple applications from an architecture perspective.
- Feel comfortable and confident dealing with senior technology and business stakeholders.
- Be able to articulate and present your technical vision clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical colleagues alike.
- Keep up to date with technical advancements across the market. Be able to show a genuine interest in technology especially if your current role is move removed from the day to day detail.