Senior Application Developer
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
In this role you will be following an agreed method, development and enhancement of software, deployment preparation, bug fixing and 3rd level BAU support for Columbia Threadneedle applications. It will be your role to ensure high quality solutions and processes are developed and implemented, conforming to suitable technology and product sets. Responsibilities How you'll spend your time....
To work within the wider Columbia Threadneedle development team
20% - Co-ordinating business vertical development team activities, ensuring best practice and agreed SDLC are followe
20% - To analyse solution options, provide written design specifications and develop new software or enhancements to existing software as part of a project delivery or smaller change initiatives
60% - To be hands on keyboard developer.
This includes (but is not limited to) releases of functionality, data loads, unit testing etc. This will include the following processes, forming the full Project Life Cycle:
Required Qualifications To be successful in this role you will have....
- Technical connection between the various IT teams and staff
- Technical connection between US and India tech teams and UK based tech teams
- Analysis and design of business and technical requirements
- Completion of functional and technical Specifications
- Development / Configuration / Scripting and Unit Testing
- Participation in end-to-end application testing
- Assisting with regression testing
- Resolving issues found during testing
- Assisting with User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Assisting with deployments to production
- Full life cycle project delivery
- Post implementation support
- Maintain awareness of emerging technologies and peer IT strategies
- 3rd line application support for legacy and new applications.
Preferred Qualifications If you also had this, it would be great....
- The ideal candidate will have previous development experience, a good working knowledge of cloud technologies with proven experience in a similar role.
- AWS services expertise, Python, Java/Scala, UI expertise (React/Angular), DevExpress experience and a solid financial background understanding are essential
- Previous experience in a software engineering/development role
- Experience of full development lifecycle
- Strong understanding of data structures, databases and data access
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to develop innovative solutions to technical problems
- Ability to work as part of a team and communicate at technical and non-technical levels
- Keen interest in financial markets and the desire to pursue a career in this area
- Previous experience of working within a financial institution
- Good knowledge of financial instruments within the Front\Middle\Back Office operational models\environments
- Experience of multiple software development lifecycle methodologies
- Good knowledge of financial instruments and the Front Office operational model
- High level of technical IT expertise (with a slant towards Microsoft technologies: Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, IIS, SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS, SSMS, C#.Net (versions 2.0 to 4.6), Visual Studio 2019, MVC, ASP.NET, WPF, WCF, etc.);
- Relational / object database implementation, modelling and integration
- Internet / legacy system / client-server architectures
- Awareness of Project Management methodologies, e.g. PRINCE2, Kanban
Previous buy side financial services experience
VBA (for legacy application work)
Front Office Order Management Systems (Blackrock Aladdin)
NANT, TDD, NUnit, Fitnesse