As a member of the Application Services team you are required to: • Develop, deliver and maintain high-quality software solutions. • Maintain and develop interfaces between applications and 3rd parties. • Provide business analysis relating to new and existing applications. • Develop reporting tools and data warehouses. • Develop digital technology. • Provide support for the bank’s applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the bank’s internally-developed applications and the bespoke elements of third-party applications (interfaces, reports etc.)
- Provide fixes and enhancements for these using the appropriate tools and languages as required.
- Provide new long-term or RAD solutions as required and where appropriate.
- Contribute to developing internal standards and procedures.
- Proactively manage upgrade paths and requirements.
- Provide release documentation, both technical and user-facing, where required.
- Adhere to source control/change control best practices and procedures
- Plan and control system integration testing, user acceptance and regression testing.
- Plan and perform releases and upgrades.
- Assist where required in providing support for application issues in the bank, liaising with the Infrastructure team and the application suppliers as necessary.
- Provide overnight/out of hours support (by arrangement).
- Maintain application support and operating procedures.
- Monitor and manage the status of applications and batch processes.
- Provide IT and business analysis in relation to all existing and proposed applications and products.
- Understand the business priorities and dependencies on the various applications, and manage the associated risks.
- Liaise with the business users regarding all issues and enhancements, giving feedback and progress reports.
- Provide warning and ongoing information regarding system outages/upgrades and other events which will impact on the business.
- Ensure you have a full understanding of the department Business Continuity Plan, inclusive of your responsibilities, in the event the plan is invoked.
- Ensure business continuity requirements are considered in all system implementations.
- Liaise with Infrastructure team to ensure disaster recovery environments are kept up to date, and that backups/restores adhere to bank policy.
- Provide non-expert procedures for DR invocation.
- Participate in DR tests. Be familiar with the department’s operational risk and control functions.
- Review and action allocated audit findings.
- Assist in identifying, managing and minimising all aspects of the department’s operational risk including business continuity management.
- Ensure you are aware of the risks associated with the processes of the department and the controls used to mitigate those risks. You are further expected to remain proactive in identifying any further risks or controls that may have an impact or bring added benefit or development on our processes from Market events.
- Become proficient in a number of banking applications, understanding the architecture, table structures and relationships, location of code, reports and forms.