Senior Analyst, Transfer Agency- FSC
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Senior Analyst, Transfer Agency- FSC (Complaints team)
The Transfer Agency department provides a third party fund administration service to numerous fund management companies covering the full range of shareholder servicing functions including dealing, registration, settlements, distributions, commissions and statements.
The Complaints team administers all complaints received by Northern Trust for their clients. These are resolved by telephone, email or letter, whilst adhering to strict SLAs and regulatory requirements/timeframes. We handle Complaints relating to a range of different investment types across a number of systems. The team provide support to our offshore locations, answering complex or technical queries and liaise with senior management and internal stakeholders
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Ensure complaints are handled efficiently, thoroughly and deliver a high level of service aligned with the firm’s policies, procedures and client requirements.
•Ensure that the team maintains accurate, appropriate and consistent records of complaints
• Application of root cause analysis (RCA) and trend analysis to identify areas for change to improve our operational procedures and controls. Additionally you will provide feedback to business areas as appropriate for continuous improvement.
• Ensure compliance with organisational and regulatory procedures
• Contribute to any ad hoc projects or policy updates as required.
• Any other reasonable duties as required.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Proven and established experience in operating within a complaint handling environment
• Previous work experience in the financial services sector
• Relevant professional qualification desirable
• Excellent organisational skills, able to prioritise key tasks and focus on delivering them
• Clear and effective communication skills – verbal and written
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $7.6 trillion in assets under custody
• $1.1 trillion in assets under management
• $132 billion in banking assets