Senior Analyst: Political Risk - Middle East and North Africa
Company & Team - "About Us"
IHS Markit Economics and Country Risk leads the way in helping our clients to anticipate and manage critical external strategic business risks that could negatively impact investments, personnel, interests, and assets across the world.
We work within an intelligence-led approach to methodology and risk forecasting and all-source intelligence that sets us apart. On the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) team you will be working with a group of experienced and driven individuals who excel at supporting each other. Duties and Responsibilities - "Your Role"
Job Requirements - "About You"
- We are seeking a Middle East and North Africa expert to join IHS Markit's country risk team. The successful candidate will assess the region's political, business and security environment, specializing on several countries. The analyst can work remotely and will help clients make business decisions with succinct written briefings, regular interactions with clients, and presentations based on ongoing, in-depth research
- Research and analysis of key political, business environment and security-related developments taking place across the Middle East, with preference given to knowledge and understanding of Turkey and northern Iraq. This includes assessment of government instability, tax, contract alteration and regulatory risks, as well as crime, terrorism, and protests and riots
- Writing articles and research papers on client-relevant developments taking place in the MENA region
- Maintaining and building a sources and contributor network across countries of coverage
- Maintenance of Country Risk products, as well as addressing questions and presenting views to IHS Markit clients
Job Benefits - "What we offer"
- Excellent drafting and speaking skills in English. Additional knowledge of Turkish, Arabic, Hebrew or French would be an advantage
- Highly effective organisational and prioritisation skills, including the ability to stay on task and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work collaboratively
- Master's degree in political science, economics, security, business, or industry-related fields desirable
- Demonstrable knowledge of political, economic, and business environments in selected Middle East countries; experience of living in-region and having a local network of contacts preferable
- Cash incentive plan
- Flexible working practices to allow you to attend family
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.