Senior Analyst, Pension Investments
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
Senior Analyst, Pension Investments
Requisition ID: WD140588
Position: Full time
Open date: Nov 17, 2017 12:56 PM
Functional area: Finance
GSK House, Brentford, London
Required degrees: Not Indicated
- University graduate
- Relevant work experience, although we encourage applications from exceptional candidates with different working backgrounds
- An interest in investment strategy and the capital markets
- Computer skills to include MS Word and Excel
- Excellent numeracy, strong attention to detail and an ability to analyse and dissect complex financial data
- Innovative and flexible thinker, with a focus on identifying areas of process improvement through simplification and standardisation
- Willingness to challenge existing procedures in order to provide high quality analysis on a timely basis
- Adaptable to inherent uncertainty and ambiguity in certain decision making processes
- Able to develop suitable and proportionate solutions to fit scenarios where an existing approach does not exist
- Strong oral and written skills and the ability to communicate complicated issues effectively
- Ability to anticipate workflow levels in advance and manage multiple and changing priorities for different stakeholders
- Collaborative approach and able to forge strong relationships with other teams and external contacts to build trust
- Confident at liaising with, approaching and presenting to senior stakeholders
- Organised, working logically and maintaining clear documentation
- Results focussed, consistently delivering high quality analysis and meeting deadlines
- Willingness to learn quickly and take opportunities to develop in the role
- CFA, IMC or other relevant professional qualifications or working towards a relevant professional qualification. Study support may be available for a relevant professional qualification. Decided on a case by case basis. GSK decision is final.
- Previous work experience in finance, investment or pensions
- High-level knowledge of the characteristics of different investment classes (e.g. stocks, bonds, property, cash)
- Ability to take initiative and lead on discrete workstreams, with guidance and support from the team
- Basic proficiency in using Bloomberg
WHAT WILL YOUR JOB PURPOSE BE?
This is a global Pension Investments role within the Treasury department at GSK House in Brentford. The new recruit will provide support to the Pension Investments team, which oversees the investment and financial risk management strategy for GSK’s global Defined Benefit pension assets (c.£18 billion at 31 March 2017), in accordance with Company policies.
WHAT WILL YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
• Monitor pension investment risks alongside GSK’s strategic targets
• Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and develop, apply and maintain internal controls and risk management processes and documentation
• Prepare high quality reporting to GSK’s senior management and investment committees
• Assist with the implementation of Company/Trustee decisions on pension investment strategy and risk management, including reviewing legal documentation and supporting the transition of assets between different fund managers/asset classes
• Review and monitor the performance and fees charged by investment fund managers
• Partner closely with GSK staff in different geographies and areas of the business such as Accounting and Benefits and work directly with external parties (e.g. investment fund managers, consultants, auditors, actuaries, lawyers)
• Monitor investment markets, such as equity and bond performance, and their impact on the financial position of the pension schemes
• Review data, analysis and advice provided by external parties to GSK
• The opportunity to play an integral role in one-off projects, including large and complex transactions and sophisticated approaches to pension investment and liability risk management
• The opportunity to attend and contribute to committee meetings, including report writing and presenting
WHO ARE WE?
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you’ll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You’ll also receive a competitive salary package including on target bonus, shares, private medical insurance, Company Pension Plan, 26 days annual holiday, private healthcare option, bonus scheme and a share purchase scheme plus a personalized career development pathway.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Take a look at the requirements and apply via our online portal using your cover letter and CV to tell us more about you and why you’re the perfect person for the role.
Please ensure you apply before COB 4th December to ensure you’re in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.