Senior Analyst, EMEA Low Carbon Electricity
11 (f or internal purposes only ) The Role
: Platts Analytics is looking for an analyst to be part of our newly formed Low Carbon Electricity analytics practice. The precise responsibilities will be dependent on the successful candidate's experience and capabilities, but will be focused on building on Platts Analytics' existing electricity price forecasting service to expand both in terms of time horizon (to 2050) and geography (initially extending our focus into new markets in central, eastern and northern Europe, the Middle East and Africa). The role will have a particular focus on the development of new tools and forecasting services that reflect the changing value proposition open to renewable developers and other stakeholders, from development and refinement of power capture prices for low carbon electricity (incl. wind and solar) to Guarantees of Origin valuation.. There will also be opportunity to take part in customer-facing activities to present your analysis, including webinars and conference presentations. The Impact:
Platts Analytics is a global team responsible for analyzing, interpreting and forecasting global energy market fundamentals and prices for commodities including oil, natural gas, power, carbon and coal. Our customers represent a wide range of activities across the energy industry and, as a result, our analysis is reviewed and challenged from many different perspectives. You will play a key role in supporting Platts Analytics' highly rated services and in developing these services into major new growth areas. Responsibilities:
Knowledge & Skills:
- Have a good understanding of power trading, modeling and forecasting - with a focus on the market as it develops between 2025-2050.
- Model the impact of the market becoming increasingly decentralized and subject to new dynamics, including hydrogen, storage, CCUS and demand side response
- Play a lead role in a major new long-term low carbon power price and fundamental forecasting service that will capitalize on Platts Analytics' market leading expertise not just in power markets but also in gas, coal, carbon, macroeconomic drivers and other key areas of influence for power markets
- Harness existing data sets, identify new data sets for collection and analysis and conduct rigorous reviews of the quality of that information
- Demonstrate a dynamic approach to learning and a passion for the power industry and Platts Analytics' leading place in it as the sector evolves
- Engage with customers and potential customers, demonstrating expertise and acting as ambassador for Platts' pursuit of analytical excellence
- Create compelling content that helps Platts' core readership make better-informed trading, risk management and investment decisions
- Deliver succinct, high-quality written content that demonstrates the expertise outlined above
- Create charts, graphs and other visual content that illustrates the trends Platts' customers need to follow
- Work with Platts Analytics' North American and Global power analysis teams, as well as the Future Energy Outlooks team, to ensure cross-pollination and alignment of ideas and analysis approaches
- Articulate expertise and thought-leadership through a variety of media including podcasts, webinars, video, TV, conference and forum speaking engagements
About Platts and S&P Global
- Proven experience in power markets, with a particular focus on low carbon electricity and renewables. Additional experience in other markets, e.g. gas, coal and carbon, would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills which include a concise written style; and good verbal skills. The ability to communicate across a wide range of groups and personalities internally and externally
- Willingness and ability to anticipate and respond to customer needs and market changes. Ability to provide insightful analysis to the market in compelling and straightforward content
- Strong customer mind set with demonstrated ability to engage directly and honestly with customers on all issues and deliver positive experience by creating a partnership mentality
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficient in identifying, gathering, and analyzing information to solve problems effectively. Ability to recognize trends and provide recommendations and develop logical conclusions. Knowledge of mathematical, statistical and modelling concepts and research methods would be beneficial
- Strong Excel skills are required. Experience with SQL, BI Tool, Matlab or Python would be useful but not essential
Platts is a premier source of benchmark price assessments and commodities intelligence. At Platts, the content you generate and the relationships you build are essential to the energy, petrochemicals, metals and agricultural markets.
Learn more at https://www.platts.com/ S&P Global
includes Ratings, Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and Platts. Together, we're the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), ANLYTC202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
258946 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom