Rare opportunity to join a newly created and entrepreneurial JV with a vision to effect significant change and make a meaningful difference to the future of a globally renowned, UK city.
The JV has been established between 2 giants of the real estate investment / placemaking and academic worlds, with committed funding of £billions to deliver world leading science and innovation districts and homes.
The scale, complexity and positive impact of the whole project will be large and felt throughout the area. Project infomation includes:
- rental residential units for students, academic staff and employees
- innovation districts - major mixed-use schemes of life/material sciences & research, retail, office, residential and ancillary services (leisure/F&B etc.).
My client is looking for an experienced analyst to join the team to develop analysis on a range of proposals across seven sites to take forward the work of the JV. They are looking for a smart, insightful and thorough analyst to join the entrepreneurial team.
Initial areas of analysis include:
- Development of multi-phase, multi asset development and investment model for a major mixed use strategic land development
- Development of multi-phase, multi asset development and investment model for an innovation district
- DCFs for graduate housing and affordable housing schemes on a site-by-site basis and on an asset-by-asset portfolio basis
- Portfolio analysis across all sites – forward looking cashflows with return profiles
- Development of consistent cost plans and appraisal formats to enable benchmarking and comparator analysis across all projects and sites
- Analysis of market data and ad hoc data sets to provide insights into project reviews
- Develop models (of appropriate complexity) and run scenarios
- Present data in a consistent, clear and concise format
- Work collaboratively with relevant internal and external stakeholders to develop fit-for-purpose development proposals and business cases
- Run analysis of market data and comparator analysis across projects to drive performance
Degree educated or equivalent
Professional financial or real estate qualification e.g. ACA, CIMA, AMCT, CFA, RICS
Strong academic background, with a numerical aptitude
- Excellent quantitative skills, including familiarity with DCF and cashflow modelling using excel and bespoke programmes
- Experience in the development, management, interrogation and scrutiny of models and their input assumptions and to developing recommendations for a senior audience
3+ years relevant work experience in real estate development and investment
Skills | Attributes
- Strong written and verbal communication, familiarity with presenting to a variety of audiences
- Ability to assess and analyse real estate development and investment opportunities from first principles, including risk and return profiles, and be able to build, operate and interrogate appropriate financial models from the ground up
- Commercially astute and entrepreneurially minded; a drive to find solutions and striving to deliver better financial, development and service solutions
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills – a strong collaborator
- Enthusiastic, self-starter
This is a retained search so a formal process which includes objective and behavioural assessment for all those invited to the shortlist.