A unique opportunity has arisen for a talented and driven middle office accountant to join a fantastic Investment manager. This is your chance to join a global, fast-paced environment providing extensive operational support to a Global Traded Credit investment team. Be part of a growing firm and play a key role in building the foundation of the company's Liquid Operations team to support ambitious strategic and AUM growth.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified accountant to join a fast-paced and market-leading Liquid Operations team.
The role will be varied and have plenty of scope to evolve and develop over time. As things stand, they want this candidate to join the team and take the lead on issues around:
- Restructurings - complex and high profile deals;
- Working closely with distressed assets (secondary and syndicated loans);
- Risk Management;
- Valuations (DCF Modelling);
- Supporting successful desks in London and the US.
To work in a global, fast-paced environment providing extensive support to our Global Traded Credit investment team. Be part of a growing firm and play a key role in building the foundation for the company’s Middle Office and Liquid strategy teams to support ambitious strategic and AUM growth.
The successful candidate will:
- Have direct contact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, to include: traders, banks, agents, asset managers, trading counterparties and more.
- Work in a close-knit Middle Office and Liquid Operations team to ensure that all day to day duties and controls are covered across offices (we operate a follow-the-sun model).
- Have visibility across a range of the company’s investments and business operations and with substantial opportunities for personal growth and development.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all investment accounting activities related to our Corporate and Traded Credit investments, including, but not limited to, distressed restructurings and bank debt settlements. Assist with investment accounting activities related to a range of instruments such as asset backed securities, trade claims and MSRs (mortgage servicing rights) comprising activity including pay-downs, factor changes, restructures, etc.
- Daily capture and maintenance of bank debt trading activity.
- Identify high touch events and escalate appropriately.
- Reconcile data across multiple systems; Geneva (accounting), data warehouse, fund administrator, and trading counterparty platforms and provide reporting from each source as needed.
- Participate in Middle Office and Liquid Operations related projects and initiatives.
- Interface with Accounting, Tax, Treasury and BDIR functions on ad-hoc related tasks and requests.
- Provide coverage to other members of the wider Middle Office and Liquid Operations teams as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, and/or Finance a plus).
- ACA or ACCA a plus.
- 5+ years of prior experience at a Hedge Fund, Asset Manager and/or Global Bank.
- Prior experience with Advent Geneva is preferred but not required.
- Experienced and confident communicator (both oral and written).
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Excel.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg and SQL a plus
- Strong distressed debt product knowledge (bank debt, trade claims, etc) is preferred but not required.
In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- Team player.
- Detail orientated.
- Inquisitive and intellectually curious.
- Ability to meet deadlines and qualitative and quantitative expectations.
- Proactive and willing to take on responsibility (especially under pressure).
- Adaptable and decisive.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Business controls orientation.
- Flexible with regards to work schedule.
- Process and procedure driven.