This leading investment firm who manage a wide array of asset classes and investment strategies are keen to make an addition to their highly successful Investment team. Supporting the Portfolio Manager in the implementation of external manager research and monitoring activities predominately focusing on credit across both public and private market strategies, key responsibilities will include the following:
- Support/lead the monitoring of existing investments and selection due diligence on new investments
- Ensure that monitoring and new investment due diligence processes are followed, including the recording of relevant documentation.
- Close collaboration with the credit team as well as other asset class specialists; build and maintain appropriate manager and investor networks
- Produce relevant quantitative analysis to supplement the qualitative due diligence process across existing and new investments.
- Produce relevant quantitative analysis to support the management of the credit portfolio. To include look through exposure analysis, performance attribution, and cash flow forecasts.
- Deliver clear, accurate and logical written reports.
- Support/lead structured interactions (including face to face) with third-party managers and other counterparties on a regular basis.
- Build relationships and liaise effectively with a range of internal teams including responsible investment, operational due diligence, risk, legal and others to execute processes and ensure compliance with other internal policies.
Background & Experience:
- At least 3-5 years’ experience of fund/manager research with a focus on private credit. Experience in evaluating and monitoring third party managers via both desk-based research and face to face interactions
- Degree level educated preferably gained within a finance, economics or mathematics related discipline.
- Possession of post-graduate qualification or professional accreditation (e.g. MS, MBA, CFA or equivalent) is an advantage
- Strong working knowledge of credit investment strategies, capital markets and relevant fund manager universes.
- Proactive mindset with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, detail orientation, problem solver, ability to synthesise data to make relevant and logical inferences
- Structured and process driven with excellent organisation skills. Ability to prioritise, manage expectations and deliver on time
- Team player with ability to engage productively both within and outside immediate team to produce results
- Intellectually curious, desire to grow and develop knowledge within credit specifically but also across other asset classes and strategies
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feedback on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted