Senior Advanced Intrusion Testing SME
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 19 Apr 19
Senior Advanced Intrusion Testing SME
1 May 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
£58,626 - £65,140
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
The Chief Security Office (CSO) plays a vital part of delivering the Group's vision of putting customers at the heart of everything we do, helping Britain prosper, and protecting the Group and customers from security threats. We're responsible for defining and communicating our security strategy and providing dedicated support and constructive challenge to business areas to deliver an effective and compliant security risk management framework.
Advanced Intrusion Tests (AIT) (e.g. "Red Team tests") are intelligence-led tests designed to simulate the approach a skilled adversary will use in real life cyber-attack scenarios against the Group. Scenarios are designed to independently evaluate the organisation's end-to-end cyber resilience by testing people, physical security, processes and technology.
As the Senior Advanced Intrusion Testing SME, your day-to-day role involves research, scoping and managing the execution of AIT's; and management of test output by identifying vulnerabilities that require remediation. AIT use an intelligence led approach to ensure the testing reflects the current and relevant attacks seen in the real world.
The majority tests are delivered using third party providers. However, the team is undergoing an exciting evolution with the aim of growing the amount of internal testing activity the team conducts. You'll conduct both types of testing with an emphasis on managing third party testing.
In addition, the Advanced Intrusion Testing team are increasingly conducting collaborative test exercises with the Security Operations Centre (SOC), known as Purple Team tests. You'll maximise opportunities for the SOC to improve LBG's security defence during the post-test phase.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities include:
•\tSupport the ongoing security and resiliency of LBG's computing environment, protect customer and employee confidential information, and comply with internal standards and regulatory requirements.
•\tResearch, plan, execute and oversee AIT activity that will challenge the organisations ability to detect & respond to cyber-attacks.
•\tLead test output and handover findings to remediation owners.
•\tProvide technical expertise to ensure compliance and quality standards at all times and assist in leading the technological direction of the team, through consultation, providing advice and mentoring.
•\tWorking collaboratively as part of a multi-functional matrix team of technical experts from across the CSO, Chief Information Office and the business, focused on dedicatedly improving the security posture of the Group.
•\tDeputise for Manager where required.
Do you have great knowledge and technical capability developed in roles within cyber security or security testing?
Essential Experience and Skills You'll Bring:
- Strong technical abilities and demonstrable experience with in-depth technical analysis of computer networks resulting in the identification of vulnerabilities.
- Strong diagnostic skills and an ability to analyse technical information from various sources.
- Good understanding of various security technologies such as Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Web Proxies and DLP, amongst others.
- Good knowledge and experience in networking fundamentals (all OSI layers).
- Good interpersonal skills and able to present complex findings and testing results clearly to a technical and non-technical audience (including senior partners)
- A willingness to keep up to date with new and emerging technologies and Cyber Security themes and trends, and an appetite for continuous professional development
Desirable Skills and Experience You May Have:
- Experience developed in security operations, threat modelling, threat hunting or a similar role
- Working with and testing / assuring Cloud technologies and tooling
- Working within a Security Operations Centre or incident response role utilising SIEM, Splunk, DLP, Tanium and similar tooling
- Experience in Law Enforcement, Military, Digital Forensics (EnCE), cyber-crime investigation or financial services.
- Experience in technical penetration testing. The focus of the role is on the management of testing delivered by suppliers.
- Experience with toolsets such as Kali, Metasploit, Volatility, Cobalt Strike, Nessus, Nmap, Burp Suite
- CEH, CISM, CISSP, SANS, CHECK, CREST, CISSP or equivalent
This role is a high risk role. If you're successful in this position, you may be required to go through additional vetting checks.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.