- Act as subject matter expert for platform operations and DFM.
- Act as one of the main points of contact for all Platform operational and service
related issues, development, testing and support.
- Supporting the Senior Operations Manager in developing and implementing the
operations target operating model in concert with the Head of Proposition who has
responsibility for the overarching platform operating model.
- Support the Senior Operations Manager in establishing, agreeing, monitoring and
reporting the agreed operational service levels and key performance indicators to
achieve the platform Net Promoter Score (“NPS”) standards.
- Develop, document and maintain operational processes, procedures and controls
that the Platform: complies with the relevant regulatory standards; at least matches industry best practice; minimises operational risk; andallows the NPS standards to be achieved.
- Monitor operational activities and take appropriate remedial action against: agreed services levels; financial rate cards.
- Respond to operational queries, errors, breaches and complaints: maintain appropriate records, track resolution processes and ensure items are fully resolved. Implement root cause analysis, process changes, staff training and other learnings, as appropriate.
- Support in the documentation of processes and procedures for key “hand-off” activities and contact points i.e.: to platform service provider (and vice versa); Platform service provider and transfer agent (again, vice versa); and
Project Concert and the platform service provider (vice versa).
- Perform initial, regular and ad-hoc operational due diligence reviews of the platform service provider.
- Support the Senior Operations Manager in developing and deploying an effective and proportionate oversight framework for the platform.
- Identify platform operational risk and propose mitigation and resolution to the Senior Operations Manager.
- Supporting the Senior Operations Manager with the coordination, planning, undertaking and signing-off operational user acceptance testing.
- Assisting the Senior Operations Manager on major change programmes. The Jobholder will be involved in the complete programme lifecycle (i.e. set-up through to post-implementation).
- For the discretionary model portfolios: execute and validating tactical asset allocation portfolio changes; review TAA changes to the Discretionary Model Portfolios; Conduct timely execution reviews for discretionary related activities and the platform; Maintain and control platform user access; and Respond to technical operational queries associated with the portfolios or with the platform itself.
- Liaise with the Senior Operations Manager or Head of Operations to ensure asset management requirements in relation to fund availability and settlement meet expected standards.
- Support the Senior Operations Manager to identify development needs for the team and deliver coaching as required.
- Achieved the CISI Investment Operations Certificate (“IOC”) or similar qualification
- At least 3 years direct operational platform experience.
- At least 5 years in the financial services sector or 3 in asset management.
- At least 3 years of managing a large third-party platform service provider relationship.
- Project management experience is preferable.
- Management of third party relationships.
- Able to create processes and identify controls.
- A detailed understanding of: retail investment platforms, the cash management;
- Adviser and Customer lifecycles; the wider UK regulatory environment; investment products and services (notably UCITS funds and DFM services); insurance products; other wrapper products and services; the structure of UK Platform agreements across a range of delivery models; and distribution channels.
- A good understanding of: FCA COBS Rules relating to UK Platforms; FCA CASS Rules; Other UK/EU regulation relating to UK Platforms; FCA prudential regulations; and UK Financial Crime.
- A strong individual with clear and high integrity willing to challenge issues and concerns.
- High conviction in ensuring that the purpose of the role is fully met; focused and delivery-centric.
- Able to develop and maintain effective working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Strong written and oral communication, including the ability to articulate issues and solutions.
- Effective, articulate, tactful and open in communicating with others.
- Good analytical skills to give the ability to analyse and evaluate with close attention
- Good process mentality to adequately record any findings and identify trends.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work well under pressure; ensuring
service levels/appropriate deadlines are met.
- Can assimilate information to understand the impacts/priorities when problems occur.
- Initiative to resolve problems and present solutions, working collaboratively with others to reach resolution.
- Willing and proactive learner who will help others and be part of the team.
- The ability to work effectively in a team, both platform operations and the wider
- As a member of a small team within a wider structure, the candidate should be
responsive and adaptive to change.