- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Senior Administrative Assistant – 6-9 months temporary assignment (Start date: 15th August)
Location: London, England, United KingdomTHE ROLE
The purpose of the role is to provide administrative and secretarial support to members of the Line of Business and provide backup, as needed. This is a 6-9 months fixed term assignment, starting from 15 th August 2019.
- General Administrative Support
Provide good general administrative assistance to include phone coverage, copying, faxing, filing. Acquire and maintain a good understanding of Moody's business, and particular business line being supported, in order to provide optimal customer service. Uses initiative to relieve team of detail work
- Department Wide Support
Provide good general administrative support for department wide activities including the timely on-boarding of new associates (including follow-up on start date) and involvement in group event planning and in group-wide initiatives as assigned
- Administrative Back-Up
During vacations and times of absence, provide back-up in order to ensure uninterrupted flow of operations with regard to support staff, technology and all office issues. This also includes supporting more junior members of the team for own LoB and others where necessary
- Meeting Coordination
Process meeting requests for team including setting up appointments, liaising with reception reserving conference rooms, requesting security passes for guests, arranging for teleconference numbers, refreshments, handouts, webex etc.
- Travel & Entertainment
- Accounts Payable
As needed, assist in coordinating efforts with Technology, Building Services and others to ensure group's needs are met
Ensure that team space, basic supplies for team are kept stocked and accessible to team members and tidy, this will also include archiving
May be called upon to take on additional responsibilities and/or perform other tasks as assigned
- Good experience of working in a corporate environment
- Relevant experience in Travel & Expense coordination
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- OUTLOOK: In CALENDAR, ability to create and modify appointments and recurring appointments using the planner; familiarity with features such as labels and private appointments; in E-MAIL, the ability to compose, send and forward emails as well as perform e-mail blasts and familiarity with features such as in-box management (folders), sort and search.
- WORD: ability to create and modify communications using features such as header/footers, pagination, tables, mail merges, hyperlinks, etc.
- EXCEL: ability to understand, create and format workbooks,
- POWERPOINT: ability to create and modify presentations using advanced functions such as animation and transition, inserting charts, graphs and objects and merging presentations.
- Strong organization skills
- Good time management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and phone manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with :
- ability to convey thoughts clearly and succinctly and to communicate pertinent complex information in a clear and organized manner
- ability to compose general correspondence, memos and other documents that require little or no editing
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to shifting priorities
- Strong orientation toward teamwork
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.