Senior Accounts Payable Assistant - Global Private Equity firm
Reporting to: Assistant Financial Controller
My client are a leading global private equity advisory firm. The firm has assets under management of more than $50 billion. The Funds invest in companies across multiple sectors to provide long-term equity financing to build and develop world-class companies.
The Finance team is responsible for the annual preparation and audit of financial statements, budgeting, quarterly management reporting, regulatory compliance, tax compliance, administration and management of carried interest arrangements, and operational management of the corporate entities and charity.
We are looking for a Senior Accounts Payable Assistant to join our Finance team in London. The accounts payable function is a crucial part of our business where we process a high volume of invoices which require documented approval to ensure that are allocated correctly.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with the relevant 360 AP experience looking to join a highly successful international private equity advisory firm.
- Invoice scanning, capturing, coding and routing
- Co-ordinating and managing invoice approval
- Setting up and maintenance of suppliers accounts in NetSuite
- Review and reconciliation of supplier statement and aged creditors report, ensuring aged items are kept to a minimum
- Dealing with invoice discrepancies and supplier queries
- Proactively managing the accounts payable inbox and timely response to queries from internal stakeholders (deal teams and department heads)
- Reconciliation and maintenance of company credit cards
- Bank payment posting for suppliers, including direct debit postings and allocations
- Petty cash management
- Timely preparation of various journal entries for mobile phones, dental insurance costs, etc
- Preparation of weekly payment run and periodic bank reconciliations for allocated business units
- Assisting with monthly/quarterly balance sheet reconciliations
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experienced Accounts Payable with relevant work experience (ideally 3+ years) in Financial Services, preferably in Private Equity or Asset Management sector
- Experience of NetSuite and Fast Four systems desired but not essential
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with ability to communicate effectively at all levels (with internal and external stakeholders)
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to handle and process high volume of invoices
- Strong attention to details and highly motivated
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (vlookups, pivot tables, formulas etc.) and analytical skills to be able to solve technical and non-technical day-to- day AP processes
- Good team player