- £35000 - £40000 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Walker Hamill
- 19 Jan 18 2018-01-19
Our client is a leading provider of financial outsourcing solutions to the Financial Services sector, and is looking to recruit a Senior Accountant within their team. The successful candidate is likely to be a part qualified Accountant who has spent some time working within Practice.
- Oversee production of monthly management accounts for all clients.
- Oversee production of budgets, forecasts and yearly plans as required by clients.
- Preparation, review and submission of annual and interim statutory financial statements under FRS 102 and IFRS accounting standards.
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns, including partial exemptions methodologies and EU reverse charge mechanism.
- Liaising with client auditors and preparing audit deliverables, as well as planning the audit process.
- Cash and capital monitoring and management.
- Reviewing and approving payroll for all clients.
- Reviewing bookkeeping entries for all clients, including general ledger analysis and assisting in calculations of complex accounting entries.
- Checking and approving the weekly and ad hoc payments on behalf of clients on various online banking platforms.
- Meeting clients on a regular basis to present management accounts and understand client needs, as well as advising on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions.
- Production of monthly reports for submission to the FCA.
- Preparing Corporation Tax returns and liaising with tax advisors.
- Line management of Finance Assistant, including quarterly performance reviews and direct tasks monitoring.
- Part qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CPA).
- A background working in Public Practice is a distinct advantage.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting for SME’s with strong bookkeeping knowledge.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines.
- Team player that works effectively with all members of staff.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for almost 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed companies, private equity backed businesses and privately owned, early stage ventures. We recruit across all sectors, but have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com/