- GBP60000 - GBP89400 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page Financial Services.
- 27 Nov 17 2017-11-27
This is a great opportunity to join a growing trading firm where you will be exposed to all aspects of the business and report directly into the CFO.
Our client is a growing trading firm based in London.
The successful Senior Accountant based in London will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivering timely and accurate returns to external regulators, including maintaining an up to date knowledge of relevant regulations and being the in-house expert on regulatory capital questions.
- Responsible for ensuring that expanded regulatory obligations in terms of reporting arising from additional UK business is considered and met.
- Building and managing good working relationships with internal and external tax experts to develop and enhance existing Transfer Pricing methodologies and calculations. Constantly looking to minimise tax risk but maximise tax efficiencies.
- Managing existing policies and controls to support robust financial reporting and control.
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance and continuous enhancement of management reporting, presentations and forecasting methodologies. Having a thorough understanding and awareness of industry best practice on expense reporting, soft and hard revenue analysis and experience of full balance sheet attestations.
- Providing analysis and support in senior management decision-making and complex issue resolution, including influencing decisions on new products, securing tax efficiencies wherever possible and mitigating inherent external risk factors
- Monitoring and reviewing market guidance and legislation to ensure continued compliance with IFRS, FCA and reporting requirements.
The Senior Accountant based in London will have the following exposure:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or ACCA
- Minimum 7-10 years' PQE in a similar role
- Financial markets experience, particularly in relation to Equities and Fixed Income
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Regulatory reporting for a BIPRU investment firm
- Detailed applied knowledge of UK tax law, particularly in respect of VAT and Transfer Pricing rules and regulations (BEPS)
- Experience of working in a multi-national group finance environment.
- Experience of using and writing VBA code in conjunction with MS Excel
Excellent salary package and great career progression.