Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, support local communities and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realise their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the Tech Security teams. The drivers behind our platform - brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers. What will you be doing?
As a Security Engineer in our DevSec team you will be responsible for ensuring that security is embedded and automated to protect our applications and products. This is a hands-on Security role where you will be helping to architect and implement security tools and solutions and work with engineering teams to automate remediation of web and infrastructure vulnerabilities.
- Implement automated security tooling for containers and web applications
- Solve complex security challenges with solutions that follow best practices
- Work with engineering teams to help remediate vulnerabilities
- Properly balance security risk against the other needs of the business
- Triage issues found by tools, external reports, and various tests, to accurately assess the real risks
- Design application security requirements
- Advise development teams on security best practices
- A Security Professional possessing a foundation and in-depth technical knowledge of security engineering
- Can collaborative with the InfoSec teams and other stakeholders
- Experienced with automation, scripting and optimizing day-to-day operations, workflows, and security tools
- Previously experienced in an web security role, or a role that works closely with application and product security
- Adept in network security techniques and have a strong understanding of the OWASP Top Ten
- Experienced of working with development engineers in secure best practices
- Excellent communicator skills, in both technical and non-technical topics
Bonus points for...
Why should you join us?
- Previous experience working with security tooling in cloud environments, notably AWS
- Experience working with automated security tools and CI/CD Pipelines
- API Security knowledge
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve - as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners.
Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers - let's build the incredible. It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly. Want to Build the Incredible? We'd love to hear from you. #LI-CW1 TECH01