- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 May 19
Want to help us change the way the world moves money?
We build high tech services that allow people to send and receive money easily. Our customers are mostly migrants, sending money home to their families and friends in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Today only 5% of the remittance market is online - with a large proportion of the industry operating through informal untracked networks. Yet online is predicted to grow to 60% in the next 5-6 years and WorldRemit is driving that shift.
By reducing costs and freeing up time we enable people to make the most of the opportunities that their new life abroad provides and help to release the billions of dollars lost in transferring money to the developing world. This money goes directly to those who need it.
Why do we care about money transfers so much?
Most of our customers are first or second generation migrants. They may be living and working far from their home but still manage to send money back to support their loved ones.
Large international wire transfer companies and banks have been taking advantage of people like this by charging preposterous fees and unfair rates.
With the World Bank estimating $575 billion annually flowing into developing countries - transforming the remittance industry could have a greater impact on international development than every single government aid program combined.
WorldRemit is using innovative technology and growing it's a global network to make transferring money easier, fairer and more affordable.
How are we doing so far?
- WorldRemit has grown at an average 50% year on year
- We're now processing over £1.5bn of remittances on an annualised basis
- The recently company went through its Series C financing and raised $40m, over $230m in total
- The company currently employees over 600 employees and has offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations
- Funded by VCs behind companies such as Airbnb, Spotify, Netflix and Facebook
- Covering 140+ countries across the globe
As Security Engineers, we are responsible for the overall security posture of Worldremit. The main goal is to investigate and understand our newest projects and technologies and give security guidance to ensure that they are as robust as possible.
You will have:
- Strong knowledge of web and API security testing.
- Experience with penetration testing of networks and infrastructure.
- Review and design the Security Architecture of systems and products.
- Ability to perform code and design reviews of internally developed applications.
- Skills to automate your tasks (ideally using Python, Perl or Bash).
- Develop security training for our software engineers.
- Ensure that identified issues are prioritised and addressed in an appropriate timeframe.
- Ability to translate the security risk and impact to other departments and stakeholders.
- A proactive mindset.
You will be someone who:
- Enjoy both breaking and building.
- Willing to compromise when it's necessary and hold firm when it's essential.
- Maintain a strong desire to build robust things (But also to break them!).
- Is interested in sharing knowledge since we're all in this together.
- Has excellent communication skills.
- Already pwn3d Gibson at some point.
Nice to haves
- Security certifications (such as eWPT/X, OSCP, Crest CRT/CCT, CISSP, SANS. Avoid mentioning your CEH).
- Any developing background experiences.
- Knowledge on mobile application security testing.
- Understand how agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) work.
- Knowledge about SOC / Incident & Response.
- Familiarity with Jira, Splunk, AppSec Pipelines.
- +2 years of professional experience.
- Participation in the security community (CTFs, bug bounty, conferences, etc).