Security Consultant, Global Financial Services
DESCRIPTION SECURITY TRANSFORMATION CONSULTANT
Do you want to work on planetary scale security solutions in the cloud? Are you excited to help customers automate security operations giving them unprecedented capability and agility? Do you enjoy working on fast-paced complex projects focused on game changing business outcomes for customer globally? As a member of the AWS Professional Services Global Security, Risk, and Compliance Practice you will have the opportunity to pioneer technically excellent security solutions supporting customer initiatives that are meaningful to their business. Building on those experiences you'll collaborate AWS service teams on new features, innovate with new technologies and explore new challenges.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Build & deploy security infrastructure and automate security operations for customers
• Collaborate on internal builder projects
• Become a deep technical resource that earns our customers trust
• Develop high-quality technical content such as automation tools, reference architectures, and white papers to help our consultants, partners, and customers build on the work you deliver.
• Innovate on behalf of customers; translate your thoughts into action yielding measureable results.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5 years' experience in IT security, compliance, or risk management
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
• Hands-on technical expertise in technology automation, implementation, integration, and/or deployment
• Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services as needed
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Hands-on technical expertise in building security capabilities in code and deploying infrastructure in code
• Technical expertise (design and/or implementation) in Cloud Computing technologies
• Implementation experience with enterprise security solutions such as WAF, IPS, Anti-DDOS, and SIEM
• Demonstrated understanding what it means to draw out customer needs and deliver practical outcomes addressing those needs.
• Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments at scale
• Understanding architectural implications of meeting industry standards such as PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST/DoD frameworks.
Most of the roles related to this position can sit in many areas across the country. Travel for the position may vary, depending on where the employee sits in relation to customer demand. Please advise your recruiter if you are open to relocation and if so, what areas you are open to.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.