Securitized Products Group - Real Estate Finance - Analyst
Real Estate Finance (REF) is a commercial real estate (CRE) lending group within the firm's Securitized Products Groups (SPG), a component of the Investment Bank.
REF's business can be summarized as secured (i.e. mortgage) lending to hold on balance sheet or either a syndication or securitization exit. We also act in an arranger capacity bringing borrowers and lenders together. Further we act on acquisition or lending against performing, sub-performing and non-performing CRE loans as well as interacting with various areas of the bank to deliver real estate solutions to clients.
We lend against all the main property classes including; office, retail, logistics and multi-family residential as well as operating business where real estate is a key factor.
Our geographical focus is within EMEA and APAC. Our clients include; financial sponsors, institutional investors, financial institutions, operating business and property companies.
We're currently looking for 5 new Analysts to join our team. Key Duties:
- Screening and researching real estate loan opportunities throughout EMEA to assess viability;
- Supporting the structuring and executing of loan proposals;
- Provide and analyze market research to support recommendations;
- Preparation of deal proposals for internal committees;
- Financial modelling;
- Assist with real estate underwriting of deals;
- Coordinate interaction with internal teams, credit, valuation, middle office.
- Flawless data handling;
- Very good attention to detail, strong analytical skills;
- Advanced modelling skills and strong report writing skills;
- Judgement skills and experience to undertake risk analysis of projects;
- Questioning and robust negotiating skills.
- An interest in real estate;
- Experience of structured finance.