Securities, Market Making Architect PIPG, London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB SECURITIES
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities
- Automate the pricing, distribution and execution of structured products in real-time distributed systems used for low latency and high volume processing.
- Design and develop systems that handle interactive client use through highly efficient web sites/mobile, and high performance automatic trading with exchange connectivity.
- Design and develop highly reliable enterprise level systems across a range of technologies in a structured, disciplined and fast-moving environment.
- Maintain a strong understanding of structured products, including payoff terms, pricing models, risk measures, PnL reporting and hedging considerations.
- Advocate best in class design solutions, and keep up to date with latest technologies; guide and train junior team members
- Pro-actively automate manual workflows and improve existing processes with particular focus on web distribution, business metrics and automated testing.
- Interact with the trading, sales, structuring, technology and operations teams looking for opportunities to automate and streamline flows.
- Exposure to data driven automation techniques like machine learning, impact analysis, parametrization and back testing.
- Strong commercial experience working with enterprise level distributed systems
- Quantitative, computer science or engineering academic background.
- Low latency or real-time software development.
- Professional software engineering experience.
- Very strong programming skills in an OO or functional paradigm (Java/C++/Python/Scala/Haskell).
- Exposure to Databases and SQL
- Ability to solve complex problems and to explain the ideas that underlie the solution to non-technical clients and colleagues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with and strong interest in structured products and derivatives pricing.
- Statistical analysis of computational or business data.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.