Securities Lending Solutions Product Manager
IHS Markit Securities Finance product currently provides global securities lending data to help customers manage securities lending programmes, optimise trading performance and enhance investment decision making. Your Role
Securities Finance provides data and analytics to Securities Lending and Repo community that provides necessary insight and transparency to bolster their returns. We are expanding our business from not just providing data but also to provide necessary solutions that will help in our customers workflow. This initiative will help drive our business and makes our product stickier to their day-to-day needs.
The role involves identifying potential products, conducting market research, generating product requirements, production timetables, pricing and developing marketing strategies.
Duties and accountabilities:
1. Research and Analysis
- Research and analyse market conditions to identify key competitors and consumer trends
- Closely work with Industry participants to identify new analytics and products that would form part of IHS Markit's SL solutions product offering
- Interact with customers and partners to define market requirements and translate into product requirements working closely with engineering to ensure delivery
- Co-ordinate market research to track customer and end-user feedback
- Define and drive the overall business, product and technology strategy based on a holistic understanding of the industry landscape, market dynamics and competitive environment
2. Product planning and management
- Define short and long-term strategy of the product and create product road map
- Responsible for independently managing the current initiatives that IHS Markit are working on improving the ALD approval process and ETF collateral lists to identify eligible ETFs as suitable collateral
- Determine product specifications for the Business Analysts to work with the Development team
- Develop pricing strategy, product policies and determine product packaging solutions
- Oversee product development and mange and communicate with cross functional teams
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts, special reports and analyses, MIS reporting, answering questions and requests.
- Perform UAT testing before product implementation
- Business Development: Conduct on-site / remote demonstrations or training sessions on product capabilities to new customers
3. Product Marketing
- Develop product marketing plan and event campaigns to generate product awareness and demand.
- Plan product launch and where necessary liaise with Marketing team to promote product
- Support sales and marketing with the necessary product knowledge and technical expertise
- Develop sales tools and training material, conduct product presentations to Sales and Product Specialists team
- Implement marketing plan in conjunction with all departments and drive ongoing improvement in sales and profitability
- 10+ years' work experience in the securities lending business
- Experience in writing detailed business cases and functional requirements, design and mock-ups and project planning from inception to post release
- Have good understanding of the Securities Lending ALD and collateral management process
- Experience managing client expectations and supporting technical implementations for key clients
- Prior experience in the financial or tech industry essential
- Management ability desired but not essential
- Proactive and able to work independently
- Ability to listen, learn quickly and demonstrate initiative
- Good attention to detail
- Focused on delivery
- Effective communicator able to provide internal periodic updates, development milestones and product development roadmap
- Ability to collaborate effectively with different teams
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defence, chemical, and economics and country risk. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.