Securities, Equities Risk Management Strats, Associate/VP, London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB SECURITIES
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Roles within Securities Strats
Securities Strats play important roles in several areas. Some Strats sit on trading desks, creating cutting-edge derivative pricing models and developing empirical models to provide insight into market behavior. Others develop automated trading algorithms for the firm and its clients, taking an active part in the increasing shift from voice to electronic trading. A third group works directly with the firm's sales force and clients, analyzing exposures, structuring transactions, and applying quantitative concepts to meet client needs. Between these teams, Core Strats design and develop complex parallel computing architectures, electronic trading tool and advanced algorithms.
• Developing risk platform for equity business for both end-of-the-day and real-time risks
• Providing analytics to the trading desks and trading heads, focusing on risk and Profit and Loss analysis
• Optimizing existing infrastructure for better performance
• Working as part of a global team building out the next generation risk engine and pricing platform
• Strong academic background in a relevant field - Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or Mathematics
• Strong programming skillse
• Minimum of 2 years of programming experience, preferably in finance
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.