Securities, Equities, Core Strategies, Analyst/VP, London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 20 Mar 18 2018-03-20
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB SECURITIES
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
This is an exciting opportunity to take on the challenge of the capture and analysis of high-volume real-time market data. With capture rates of over 1Tb per day, and data stores containing over 1Pb, this requires highly efficient, scalable software. We are looking for a developer with strong technical skills, who would like innovate using the latest ideas in distributed computing to solve problems for the business and drive our data platform forwards.
The Core Data Strategies group is a small team of dedicated people who target the data needs and requirements of Goldman Sachs' front office. We deliver technology driven solutions for normalizing and analyzing real-time and reference data from a large number of sources, both inside and outside of the firm. These include: Reuters, Bloomberg, MarkIT, MSCI, Computstat, CapIQ, Axioma and IBES to name but a few.
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Develop the core of our in-house distributed database so it can fulfil its goals in terms of performance and scalability
- Work with the front office to meet the business needs for data analytics and performance
- Develop and improve our operational tools to solve infrastructure issues and analyse performance bottlenecks.
- Provide support for our global infrastructure
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- At least 5 years' experience developing multi-threaded, high-performance software in C++
- High desire to produce organised, readable and maintainable software
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal mediums
- Proven problem solving ability with critical and creative thinking
- Ability to balance multiple, time-sensitive projects while maintaining a longer term, strategic focus
- Real-time Data experience ( Reuters RMDS/RV, Wombat, Feed Handlers, Kx/Kdb+).
- Knowledge of Java, Python, SQL/No-SQL databases
- Strong Linux knowledge
- Prior experience working on electronic trading components
- A passion for taking ownership of a software stack and developing it to its full potential
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.