Securities, Commodities Structured Finance, Associate, London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 16 Dec 17 2017-12-16
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB SECURITIES
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Commodities Structured Finance Team
Goldman Sachs has been engaged in the commodities business since 1981 and is one of the leading players in the commodities markets across a wide variety of financial and physical products. It operates a fully integrated global commodities business that is able to offer services to clients spanning (i) derivatives risk management and advisory, (ii) physical trading and logistics and (iii) structured finance products.
The Commodities Structured Finance team deploys Goldman Sachs balance sheet in commodity-linked financing solutions to clients (e.g. oil & gas companies, refiners, miners, power stations) often with integrated commodity price risk management / hedging. Transaction types include secured and unsecured lending, inventory financing, supply chain intermediation, commodity leasing and monetization of future commodity production. The team looks at financing opportunities globally and is located in London, New York and Singapore.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Work with Commodity desks / Investment Banking coverage to identify potential financing transactions across all commodity products
- Interact with clients, advisors and other deal team members during transaction execution
- Conduct in-depth market analysis and company due diligence
- Produce detailed financial models, scenario and credit analysis
- Analyze and price any related commodity hedging
- Draft term sheets and internal committee presentations
- Monitor and manage ongoing commodity, credit and funding risks of the commodity structured finance credit book
- Conduct daily P&L tracking and risk reporting for the commodity structured finance credit book
- At least 1-3 years of relevant work experience in a structured finance, leverage finance, M&A and/or credit-focused role
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid work ethic and high levels of motivation
- Ability to work independently and drive projects and initiatives
- Proficiency in corporate finance, valuation and financial statement analysis as well as financial modelling
- Prior experience in the commodities sector and/or commodity related financing transactions; helpful but not required
- Understanding of payoffs, greeks and credit exposure on derivative products
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.