Securities - Quantitative Trading Team - Associate - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 25 Apr 19
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date: 16 April 2019
Application Closing Date: 13 May 2019
We are looking for a professional to join our commodities "quantitative trading (QuantD)" strats team, to help us develop next generation trading strategies utilising modern mathematical and computer science techniques.
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energised by a bustling trading floor.
Commodities QuantD strats use their quantitative and scientific training, as well as experience in the commodities markets, to develop quantitative strategies to take and manage risk and commit the firm's capital on our various trading desks, in collaboration with our trading teams. We also build scalable software infrastructure to aid in the development and implementation of such strategies and analytics.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You will work in a small team of traders, quants and developers on developing new and maintaining existing commodities trading strategies.
- Some projects may involve data science because large datasets are available providing useful insights on most commodities markets.
- You will work on cutting edge computer science techniques and tools, using modern software development techniques and tools/languages.
- You will work on sophisticated mathematical models and trading strategies.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Master's/PhD level in Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering related quantitative discipline required
- Significant experience gained from working within investment banking/financial services or a cutting edge technology company required
- Strong programming skills and knowledge of Linux-based deployments
- Demonstrable involvement with continuous improvement and automation initiatives required
- Experience with commodities markets and the development of quantitative trading strategies in these markets required
- Familiarity with data gathering and analysis and topic modeling required
- Software development experience in trading or front office role, in particular experience with Python, with knowledge of Java and C/C++ required
- Experience with Time series analysis/statistics/machine learning required
- Knowledge of Matlab, SQL, stochastic analysis, financial mathematics required
- Good verbal and written communication skills required
- Must be a collaborative team player
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.