Secretary - 6 month FTC
Secretary - 6 month FTC
M&G Real Estate is the property investment arm of M&G. We are one of the world's largest property investors with £33.13bn* of assets under management across all the major sectors in the UK, Europe, Asia and North America. Drawing on 150 years of investment experience, we actively manage our properties to maximise returns and generate a strong income stream for institutional investors.
Working with M&G Real Estate as a Secretary means becoming part of the M&GPrudential brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to become the best loved and most successful savings & investments business.
If you're inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for. The Role:
An opportunity has arisen for a confident, enthusiastic and organised Secretary to join M&G Real Estate on a 6 month FTC to provide full secretarial and administrative support to professionals across the Retail, Development and Sustainability teams. You will develop a good working relationship with the other secretaries in the team to ensure appropriate cover during holidays / absence. Your key responsibilities will be:
• Creation of documents to a high quality standard including routine correspondence, presentations and standard reports using in-house applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Propex, AIMs, Fairval, Capval and Argus etc. Conduct research when required.
• Deal with complex processes on own initiative, e.g. arranging quarterly asset day schedules, completing supplier appointment requests etc.
• Ensure dedicated team members diaries are kept up to date. Inform them of any meetings/presentation invitations and where appropriate, check if they wish to attend before accepting/confirming. External invitations to be checked before accepting on their behalf. Book rooms/catering arrangements with regard to dietary requirements, using in-house booking system where appropriate.
• Review diaries every morning and be aware of the movements of dedicated team members.
• Manage the invoice process for specific properties, ensuring correct coding procedures are followed and invoices are processed in an efficient and timely manner.
• To be responsible for updating information on the team's databases as necessary (Prime (Yardi), Appbar, CABS, TRAMS, AIMS, Sharepoint, PAR, Propex).
• To complete expense claims on behalf of the individuals you support.
• Organising meetings and producing and circulating the accompanying agendas and minutes as and when requested.
• Typing to be completed to given deadlines. Confidential work to be done personally.
• Prepare general correspondence to external contacts e.g. solicitors, tenants and agents etc.
• Organise travel itineraries e.g. accommodation, flights, rail, car hire, conferences etc also arranging foreign currency where appropriate.
• Implement and maintain effective filing systems, including off-site storage.
• Provide effective and efficient phone cover during business hours for the team, , directing calls to the appropriate persons and take messages on behalf of team members from internal and external contacts e.g. solicitors, agents and tenants.
• Carry out all duties to ensure the most cost effective methods are used to provide the business with value and act in line with business objective.
• Send outgoing post using the appropriate service for the item i.e. recorded/registered/courier. Distribute incoming post to team members in an accurate and timely manner. Provide photocopying and document binding as and when required in a professional and timely manner.
• To assist as part of a team of assistants, in providing office cover as necessary.
• To understand and demonstrate positive behaviours in line with our behavioural attributes and expectations.
• To understand the Health and Safety responsibilities appropriate for your role and ensure that they are undertaken in accordance with the relevant Company policies, procedures and guidelines. This includes responsibilities relating to your own H&S and others affected by your actions. Any concerns relating to H&S risks must be escalated to your line Manager and the Company's H&S Manager.
• To understand the Company's Sustainability vision and apply the Sustainability Strategy as appropriate for your role.
• Fulfil regulatory requirements, including timely completion of all regulatory training and declarations. What we are looking for:
We are looking for you to have experience in a busy and varied assistant role from professional services, property experience would be a great advantage.
You will need to be able to work on your own initiative and demonstrate your exemplary organisational skills leading you to be able to be adaptable to developments in this fast-paced area of the business.
People who work at M&G Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. As an M&G Prudential colleague you'll get all the support you'd expect, including full training and professional development. You'll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.