Secondment to the EIB, Kiev office - Business Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- European Investment Bank
- 15 Oct 18
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is offering a secondment opportunity within its Operations Directorate (Ops) - Neighbouring Countries Department (NC) – Public Sector in EU Eastern Neighbourhood Division (NC2), based in the EIB Resident Representative office to Ukraine in Kiev. Secondment to the EIB, Kiev office - Business Analyst This is an opportunity to undertake a secondment of minimum 1, maximum 2 years, at the EIB under the Bank’s Eastern Partnership Secondment Programme.
The Programme, set up with the support of the EIB’s EPTATF Trust Fund, is only open to nationals of the Eastern Partnership Countries that have entered into a Framework Agreement with the EIB (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine) and who work in Ministries, Central Banks, other public sector organisations or private sector entities in these countries.
More information on the Programme can be found at:
The Business Analyst will support the execution of EIB lending activities in EU eastern neighbouring countries, with a focus on Ukraine, through contribution to activities along the entire project cycle, i.e. identification, appraisal, negotiation, and monitoring of EIB loan, blending and technical assistance operations for public sector projects in the region (support for corporate or banking sector project could be considered at a later stage).
The Business Analyst will report to the Head of Division for Public Sector East and cooperate closely with business analysts / loan officers working in the Neighbouring Countries (NC) Department as well as with colleagues in the Operations (Ops) Directorate and other EIB Directorates participating in the project cycle, e.g. Projects (PJ, EIB ’s in–house engineers and economists), Legal Services (JU), Risk Management (RM), Transaction Management and Restructuring (TMR), Finance (FI) and Compliance (OCCO).
The Business Analyst will work closely and under the daily supervision of the Head of EIB office in Ukraine and senior business analyst in the EIB Resident Representative office to Ukraine.
Origination of new operations:
- Track developments and monitor sectors relevant for EIB activities in the region.
Monitoring and implementation of existing operations disbursement:
- Monitor the project implementation, evaluate the allocations of projects under framework loan operations and propose appropriate action as required in coordination with PJ, RM, JU, TMR.
- Support the disbursement process and fulfilment of contract conditions, in coordination with the team of Operations Analysts in the Department.
- Prepare input to contractual modifications, waivers and restructuring in close relation with Loan Officers, in order to maintain the quality of the loan portfolio and ensure the effective implementation of the financed project.
- Prepare and participate in monitoring missions as required.
- Evaluate the needs for ancillary instruments, including blending with investment grants, technical assistance, and financial instruments and contribute to the preparation, approval, implementation and monitoring of such instruments.
Depending on the needs and workflow management, the Business Analyst could be asked to participate as well to the lending process:
- Evaluate, at an early stage, the quality of potential projects in the region and their chance of success, including as appropriate consultation with PJ, RM, OCCO and JU.
- Evaluate the project, analyse financial proposals and credit risk of proposed operations including coordinating the work of the EIB appraisal team as well as external advisers / consultants.
- Prepare and participate in appraisal missions as required.
- Coordinate the lending process in cooperation with other Divisions and Directorates, prepare reports and contribute to financing proposals.
- Contribute, together with senior colleagues where required, to the negotiation of legal documentation with promoter/borrower and other counterparts in coordination with PJ, RM and JU and organise contract signatures.
- Prepare reports and statistics on the Bank's activities in the region and ensure correct input of data concerning own area of activity into the management information system.
- Prepare presentations on Bank’s activities for conferences, seminars etc
- Draft Project Progress Reports and other project related documentation.
- Participate on behalf of the EIB in events, such as conferences, seminars, regular sector meetings or meetings with donors.
- Contribute to correspondence and relationship management with borrowers, promoters, co-financiers, governments, EU institutions and other counterparts as may be required.
- Draft briefs, speeches and other material for official visits and communication actions of the EIB in the region.
- University degree (Masters level) in economics / engineering / finance / law or business discipline;
- Minimum 3 years' professional experience in a lending environment, in strategy or technical consultancy, or in public administration;
- Proficiency in detailed financial analysis, market study and clients portfolio management would be a distinct advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of English and Russian; knowledge of any other language(s) spoken in the countries of the EU Eastern Neighbourhood region would be a distinct advantage;
- Solid knowledge of MS Office software, in particular Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Achievement drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change orientation: adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational commitment: is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
Appointment will be made on the basis of a Secondment Agreement between the EIB and the Secondee’s current employer.
Only candidates endorsed by their employer will be successful. During the recruitment procedure the EIB will request the candidates to provide an endorsement letter from their employer signed by the authorised employer representative. Preferably the letter would be attached as the last page to the CV with the application.
The Endorsement Letter should a) certify the current position held by the candidate, b) confirm the employer’s agreement in principle with the Programme and support the secondee’s candidacy, c) confirm that the secondee would stay on the payroll of the employer and d) confirm the return of the secondee to his position after the secondment is completed. Applications from self-employed candidates will not be considered.
In case of any change related to the professional status of the candidate and/or to his/her employer during the selection process or during the secondment, the Bank has the right to reconsider the application and the eligibility of the candidate to the program.
Deadline for applications: 30.09.2018