Scrum Master - Core
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, help families and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £8.1 billion in 110,000 loans to 77,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the "Tech" team. The drivers behind our platform - brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers. About the role
Would you describe yourself as a pro-active, tactical, and pragmatic Scrum Master who thrives on helping teams delivering business outcomes? If your answer is yes, you're going to fit right in with our team. We're looking for a Scrum Master to support our Global Delivery Team. We are a group of creative and ambitious individuals whose bread and butter is delivering great products, solving business problems, learning new technologies and fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment - we're looking for partners in crime who feel the same. You will help by:
- Guiding the team on Agile principles and practices, and how to use them to deliver valuable outcomes
- Assessing the Agile maturity of your team and help them improve, to achieve a higher level of maturity at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for them
- Removing impediments & guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel
- Helping build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on learning and adapting, healing and problem-solving
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Demonstrating a real willingness to disrupt the status quo and execute this confidently, sensitively handling difficult conversations when required
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency using a variety of methods and toolings, and radiating the right information
- Demonstrating vast knowledge of various patterns, anti-patterns and techniques to help the team understand issues and improve e.g. Retrospective formats, basic team metrics burndowns, simple root cause analysis techniques etc
- You actively listen to different opinions and experiences & openly share your experiences and contribute to discussions in the Delivery community
- Demonstrate an awareness of your stakeholders and customers and how to involve them in the product development journey
Why join us?
- You're a Scrum Master who truly believes in the principles of Agile; not just the processes.
- Possess knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques
- Have a personal passion for continuous learning, innovation and best practice
- Is relentlessly pro-active in unblocking their team(s)
- Has a technical background; ideally as a developer
- Leads teams towards self-organisation, to predictably deliver and continuously improve
- Can demonstrate ability to facilitate estimation and prioritisation and to handle conflicting requirements
- Has experience in product delivery using Agile and XP practices
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it's target-driven and high-octane - but we like to play hard too. That's what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we'll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible. It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly. Want to Build The Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.