Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, support local communities and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realise their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the Tech teams. The drivers behind our platform - brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers. What will you be doing?
Would you describe yourself as a pro-active, tactical, and pragmatic Scrum Master who thrives on helping teams delivering business outcomes? If your answer is yes, you're going to fit right in with our team. We're looking for a Scrum Master to support our Global Delivery Team. We are a group of creative and ambitious individuals whose bread and butter is delivering great products, solving business problems, learning new technologies and fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment - we're looking for partners in crime who feel the same.
- Guiding the team on Agile principles and practices, and how to use them to deliver valuable outcomes
- Assessing the Agile maturity of your team and help them improve, to achieve a higher level of maturity at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for them
- Removing impediments & guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel
- Helping build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on learning and adapting, healing and problem-solving
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Demonstrating a real willingness to disrupt the status quo and execute this confidently, sensitively handling difficult conversations when required
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency using a variety of methods and toolings, and radiating the right information
- Demonstrating vast knowledge of various patterns, anti-patterns and techniques to help the team understand issues and improve e.g. Retrospective formats, basic team metrics burndowns, simple root cause analysis techniques etc
- You actively listen to different opinions and experiences & openly share your experiences and contribute to discussions in the Delivery community
- Demonstrate an awareness of your stakeholders and customers and how to involve them in the product development journey
Why should you join us?
- A Scrum Master who truly believes in the principles of Agile; not just the processes.
- Knowledgeable of various well-documented patterns and techniques
- Passionate for continuous learning, innovation and best practice
- Relentlessly pro-active in unblocking their team(s)
- Experienced leading teams towards self-organisation, to predictably deliver and continuously improve
- Able to demonstrate the ability to facilitate estimation and prioritisation and to handle conflicting requirements
- Experienced in product delivery using Agile and XP practices
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve - as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners.
Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers - let's build the incredible. It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly. Want to Build the Incredible? We'd love to hear from you. #LI-CW1 TECH01