- Proven track record of your technical skills.
- 5+ years of relevant engineering work .
- one year writing Scala utilising the Play Framework, and prior Knowledge in any JVM-based and functional language.
- work autonomously in a small cross-functional team and can communicate well with team members. Equally, you are able to effectively contribute to
technology decisions across multiple teams.
- firmly focussed on delivering business value and results to end-users. Along with this
- commercial mindset, with demonstrated ability to make fact-based trade-offs.
- Knowledge building greenfield products for unfamiliar industries and are familiar with the entire software development lifecycle.
- disciplined about testing, quality assurance, and writing clear documentation (where
- Knowledge of/with distributed systems.
- demonstrate a broad knowledge of available modern technologies and like to
experiment with finding the best solution for specific tasks outside your core skill set.
- Make architectural and design decisions
- Design and create User Interfaces
- Design, create and/or troubleshoot REST APIs
- Microservice design and implementation
- implementing complex solutions involving Web Services, SOA.
- Develop and test your code
- Apply security best practices
- Review your peer’s code (Github pull requests)
- Setup and maintain deployment pipelines (CircleCI, Github Actions) and processes
- Monitor and support your applications
- Support the product owner in sizing and prioritising work
- Keep a handle on technical debt, whilst shipping new features
ideally have previous Knowledge within a Government Department that aligns itself with
GDS standards, or are familiar with the standards that GDS outlines.
Job Title: Scala Developer
Location: London, UK
Rate/Salary: 550.00 - 575.00 GBP Daily
Job Type: Contract
Trading as TEKsystems. Allegis Group Limited, Maxis 2, Western Road, Bracknell, RG12 1RT, United Kingdom. No. 2876353. Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. TEKsystems is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, Talentis Solutions, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.