SANCTIONS COMPLEX ADVISORY & POLICY MANAGER
Why apply for this role?
Do you have experience handling complex Sanction's escalations and managing Sanctions Risk?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity to join the team as a Sanctions Policy & Complex Advisory Manager.
Within the role you'll be providing expertise to internal senior stakeholders, influencing as well as working in partnership with other key functions and business areas to ensure adherence to relevant sanctions policies and frameworks.
What you'll be doing
- Leading the definition and maintenance of Financial Crime Sanctions related policies and standards setting out minimum requirements across the financial crime lifecycle.
- Upkeeping of the Banks Financial Crime Sanctions policy and standards, including support of the implementation of Financial Crime Policies to ensure adherence to legislative & regulatory obligations and industry best practice.
- Participating in external work on Sanctions matter where appropriate
- Providing advice on escalated queries and issues from relevant stakeholders, this includes complex queries and specialist advice.
- Providing a second line of defence by advising the relevant stakeholder on how to achieve compliance with regulatory policies and providing guidance on new, emerging, and current regulatory issues and developments.
- Managing and reporting to external bodies (including sanctions breaches) to all external bodies where required i.e., to HM Treasury, OFSI, OFAC etc
What we're looking for
We are looking for people who can help shape, influence and transform the bank's capabilities, ensuring we continue to disrupt financial crime, and support and enable the right outcomes for our customers
- Substantial financial crime experience at a Senior engagement level (essential), specifically Sanctions.
- Experience of Sanctions policy drafting in a Financial Crime Compliance environment
- Good knowledge and understanding of regulatory framework of UK financial services, industry trends and best practice
- Experience of Framework/policy/procedures drafting in a Compliance environment.
- Able to apply commerciality and judgement from a regulatory perspective to internal and market information.
- Excellent analytical, interpretation, influencing and communication skills; with an ability to communicate and network effectively to influence management and external parties.
- Organisation skills and the ability to develop risk management strategies and processes.
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible. This is a permanent role and can be based from London, Glasgow, Bradford, Milton Keynes, or Sheffield.
What our people say
Financial Crime has a devastating impact on our communities through its association to illegal drugs, human trafficking and terrorism. Criminals will always look for new ways to evade our systems and controls so we must look to constantly evolve to address new threats that's why our mission is to Deter, Detect and Disrupt Financial Crimes, ensuring that we protect our clients, our communities, our shareholders and the firm. Financial crime is a top priority risk for our bank.
How we'll reward you
- As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
- It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
- We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
- Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don't just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It's important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts.
- For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
- If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.