The client, a leading Global Bank, are recruiting for a 'Sanctions Officer' to provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices, and Group Sanctions Policy and Procedures.
- Provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices, and Group Sanctions Policy and Procedures.
- Analyse comprehensive impact of anti-financial crime related regulatory matters on relevant business area(s) and its operations, and ensure key changes (to laws, rules, regulations) are implemented (in region/country), in coordination with Group communications.
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current internal and external requirements, practices and trends.
- Responsible for the investigation and composition of Possible Circumvention Attempts (“PCA”) reports (contributor).
- Responsible for the identification, tracking, investigation, composition and escalation of Sanctions Risk Events
- Provides advice on the development of appropriate controls for the mitigation of Sanctions risks with a focus on USD and Euro clearing, and trade finance business (contributor).
- Reviews and contributes to monthly Americas and Europe Sanctions Risk Event scorecards before submission to Group Sanctions Team.