Sales / Business Development Director
I HS Markit provides clients with state of the art software and data validation solutions that helps mitigate risk, and significantly improves inefficient processes and costs.
IHS Markit has a requirement for an experienced Sales Director to grow our business and footprint within EMEA across our suite of software and data validation solutions. The corporate actions sales team is a dedicated, revenue driven team responsible for client-facing activity including coordination of sales coverage to maximize cross-selling opportunities. Your Role
The role requires the candidate to have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational / coordination skills, broad experience in financial markets and corporate actions, generating new business and the ability to manage complex relationships. He/ She will be responsible for developing and maintaining close alliances with senior customer management personnel, offering recommendations through formal sales presentations and written proposals, working with the cross functional team to negotiate and close product / solution based engagements.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Driving and executing new business
- Form external partnership to enhance the content of the solution and drive revenues
- Develop and manage sales pipeline, prospect and assess sales and move
- Manage and track customer and transactional information in Salesforce®
- Coordinate resources throughout the sales cycle, including product support and operations
- Provide regular reporting of pipeline and forecast through Salesforce®.
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and products.
- Participate in team-building and company-growth activities including strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts and customer care.
- Travel to customer locations in support of sales efforts.
- Practice effective, excellent communication with management, customers and support staff.
- Understand and ensure awareness related to corporate actions and requirements
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree minimum. Graduate degree strongly preferred.
- Candidates will have 10+ years of sales and account management experience with a proven track record of success
- Experience with procurement, operations and corporate actions
- Commercial awareness
- Extensive experience in financial markets with a strong focus on operations and corporate actions
- Experience with revenue generation
- Have the credibility and capability to work at the highest level within an organization to develop new business and relationships
- Experience working with financial services clients
- Experience working internally with multiple teams
- Must be a proven leader
- Successful sales experience with a proven track record of over achievement selling complex solutions and non-tangible business value in competitive environment
- Must be organized and with the ability to manage multiple clients in parallel whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Ability to set and meet external deadlines
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing situations
- Excellent communication skills - listening, writing, speaking, are major pre-requisite
- Ability to communicate effectively across teams and partners
- Ability to learn quickly and demonstrate initiative
- Ability to build internal relationships as well as external ones. Team player and willing to progress in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to influence and partner across all cross-functional teams including but not limited to: Sales, Product, Marketing, and Operations.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.